“Excellent Hotel! Definitely worth it!”

Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
KCMO
“Excellent Hotel! Definitely worth it!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My Mother and I recently stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadway in Wichita and we can't say enough about it! From the time we walked in the lobby we could smell the popcorn. The entire hotel staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. The Kickback PM meal was just great! We had lots of choices and the food was hot and delicious! The Quickstart AM meal was just as good. The front desk clerk told us the historic hotel was recently renovated and the spent money to make it a very nice hotel! Everything was new and the rooms were very spacious. Would highly recommend this hotel for families or for any reason.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New Mexico
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Heading home on a long road trip we booked at the Wichita Drury because we love Drurys. They have rooms big enough for our family and the free kick-backs and breakfast is perfect.

We were hesitant to get our normal 2 bedroom suite because of the higher price. But when we arrived it was smack in the middle of a large festival and all the streets leading to the hotel were closed! The police were very helpful and when I finally made it to the front desk the clerk was GREAT and gave me the 2 bedroom suite at a lower rate and free parking! It was WONDERFUL service.

This property is GREAT, the breakfast area good and we loved the room. Not sure if we'll go through Wichita again, but will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The usualy parking fee is $8-$12 dollars and can be negotiated.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Drury Plaza Broadview on two different occasions. Here are the short and long reviews. Short review: lovely renovation with luxurious details and spotless rooms, exceptional staff from the housekeepers to the GM and everyone in between, and many safety features like elevators that only work with room keys and a large storm shelter--something I have never read about in a review but think every hotel should include! Add on the 5:30 Kickback and complimentary breakfast, and why would you choose any place else downtown?

Long review: If you go to druryhotels.com and click on the esaver rate, you can stay at this beautiful property on the weekend for a bargain price. Choose an oversized room with a view if available; some top floor rooms have huge windows that overlook the river. You can specifically request these if you call the hotel directly; ask the reservation number to transfer you to the hotel to be sure you get the top floor with a river view. Very relaxing! Also relaxing is the beautifully landscaped river walk outside the hotel. The hotel has a large indoor pool area and both indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Also included are a business center and laundry facility for the business traveler. This is a prime location for weddings, reunions, etc. with large ballrooms. You will see why. We saw couples going to prom come here just to have their pictures taken.

Were there any drawbacks? We found a city room view to have some traffic noise; I am sure that guests from urban areas would not be bothered, but we wanted absolute quiet, which we found in a river view room. Like another reviewer, the large dispensers of shampoo, shower gel, and conditioner were not my favorites. When we treated my mother-in-law to a stay here, however, she loved that feature! She felt like it was much less wasteful than lots of small bottles.

I will close with perhaps the best feature: the staff. My experience with Drury Hotels has shown that service is a priority. Staff like Costello, who made me feel so appreciated, and Eric and Danielle, who made me feel so welcome, were highlights of our stay. I was also pleased to visit with the GM personally. Even one of the housekeeping staff stopped her work to say, "Good morning."

We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: River view rooms are quieter. Some top floor rooms are oversized and include huge windows.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Kansas
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My son was running at WCU and we booked this hotel. We were very pleased with this property, very clean rooms, the free breakfast was great and I always like the 5:30 kick back. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for the suite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a great property. I can say I was very pleased with my stay with the single exception of having to have my room key reprogrammed twice during my short stay. Usually, not a big deal but this property uses the key to control access to the hotel, elevators, and guest floors. Finding out your key isn't working while trying to get on the elevator is a drag. Other than that, the hotel is great. Rooms are spacious, very clean and well appointed. HVAC worked great and was quiet. Bathrooms are nice but lack adequate ventilation and could use a fan. They also provide bulk shampoo, shower gel and conditioner through a dispenser in the shower. Not sure I am a fan of that. Three other positives are the morning free breakfast which beats all other chains. The evening reception is exceptional also. Lastly, the shuttle service from the airport is efficient and timely. Stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F
, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We offer our apologies for the difficulties with your keys during your stay. We have used your experience as an example to better inform our guests about the functionality of our state of the art KABA key system. We have had many guest compliments on the high level of security that it provides. Hopefully if you return to Wichita, you will give us another try. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to improve our guest's experience.

Scott M.Ragatz
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2012

From the most hospitable staff to the cleanest comfort, this property is the best Drury we've stayed at so far. And Drury Hotels are very nice overall. Stayed at this historic Wichita hotel years ago when it was the Broadview & it was in need of a renovation then, but in came Drury and this place really shines.

Room Tip: if you partake in their free hot breakfast, get there right when it opens on a busy weekend
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J F
clinton
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a great experience here. Our room was clean. The breakfast was good and the staff was excellent! Its located right along the river with plenty of places to walk or sit and relax. They offer a lot of free things to their guest and we thought that was awesome! We will be in Wichita again this month and are definitely staying here! I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012