“CLEAN and COMFORTABLE”

Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita Airport
Ranked #33 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stopped here on 12/21/13 on our way to Denver, Co. for Christmas. Drove through freezing rain and snow from north of Dallas to Wichita. Car had at least an inch of ice just about all over. Bad weather for a Florida boy. Picked La Quinta mainly for our dog and free breakfast. Check in was fine, room was clean, no bad smells and no bugs. It was snowing heavy and we didn't want to go out to a restaurant and discovered the Flyers restaurant in the hotel. My wife had strip steak with baked potato - 16.95. I had a catfish fillet dinner with french fries - 10.95. Food was fine as was the service. We were allowed to leave our dog alone in the room while we ate. Usually you can't do that. I would go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had reservations at other LQ in town but their pipes were frozen so the pool was closed. We had promised our kids some pool time since we were having to travel on Christmas Day. Great value & Excellent service! The extra-large rooms were a pleasant surprise and definitely appreciated! Desk clerk was very helpful in helping us find local food options since it was a holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very nice place to stay. Clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was more than enough and there were TV's for us to watch in the breakfast area which I really liked. I would recomend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a very "Dog Friendly" motel - and that is why we are here. The rooms are adequate, if somewhat bare, but the accommodations get 5 stars from our golden retriever. There is a restaurant with great steaks and friendly servers.

My 2 down grades are that it takes about 2-3 attempts to get here. If you are going west on 54 you will pass within 100 feet of the motel .... but then you have to exit - make a U turn - get into the unmarked middle lane - and then exit under the freeway to arrive at the motel. The path is poorly signed - and if you make the first U turn and stay in your lane you will wind up back on the highway and have to exit again to start all over. This is our second year here - and now I remember that I made the same wrong turn last year !

The biggest problem tonight is that there are 4 WiFi channels available - but none of them are able to connect to the internet. My wife and I each have a laptop - and I also tried with my iPad. We get an error message. I called the desk and was promptly forwarded to a "technician" - and put on hold for 4 minutes until I hung up. I'm typing this by using my iPhone 5 personal Hotspot to supply a WiFi signal from my Verizon carrier.

All-in-all it is a place to spend a night - and one from which you can flee in the morning.

But - my dog likes it a lot.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A little leery when we pulled up, kind of old and in a corner of the interstate intersection. But when we got into the room it was very nice, large and very clean. Then we ventured to the restaurant because we were just too tired to go search. Well, it was a great surprise! The meals were tasty, the staff extremely cordial, pleasant and fast. Breakfast is free and filling, dinners were a variety and delicious!!

Room Tip: This hotel has a designated pet walking area behind the hotel with lots of grass (even winter) and i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Motel was good and clean. We have stopped there twice on our way to Arizona. We are snow birds. The beds were a little hard for our comfort. The motel is located so if you don't use a GPS or know how to get to it can be difficult. LaQuinta should show this on their web site.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We chose to go a little out of our way from 35 to find a place with no deposit for a dog. After staying in a beautiful new La Quinta in Albuquerque, this was a letdown. But, although the building was old, the room was newly decorated. Very convenient to have a restaurant on site, although the front desk person gave me a Domino's brochure when I asked where we could get food. Maybe a little more training? Tried to call housekeeping to get a pillow, but never any answer. Later, when the high speed Internet was not working, we received a call in our room from another guest who had pressed the front desk button but got us instead. It was a little funny when they asked us when we were going to fix it. Maybe a new phone system is in order? But overall the room was fine and quiet, restaurant food was good and there was sufficient area to walk the dog

Stayed: December 2013