“Comfortable & Clean”

Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita Airport
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived late, having driven all day and were ready to crash. Check-in was quick, the room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast the next morning was excellent - buffet style with friendly staff there to make sure everything was just as it should be. Rack rate would be a little pricey for my taste, but we booked online and got a deal. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at La Quinta with a group of softball girls. Close to where they were playing ball. Lots of places around. Walking distance to places to eat and Wal-Mart. Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean and hotel staff was great. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a long day on the road and while the La Quinta location is easy to find but has a bit twisted route to drive to it - we were most pleased with the room. The room was clean and comfortable, service was very welcoming and helpful and the aminities plentiful. And our room had a very comfortable recliner - how nice. A very good place to say and the value you received is spot on.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
lakeenta, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

"A spacious&comfortable room"

Thank you for enjoying my Hotel!! I will share your comments with my Staff!! Please come back and see us again. You now know the way !!

Thanks,
Mike Aaron GM

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I paid for 5 nights stay at the La Quinta Inn at Wichita before I got there.
I was getting late first day and called to inform the hotel that I will be late but don't know when I will get to the hotel. Showed up the second night and they have no room for me !. I had to find another place to stay which was very inconvenient. I called again on the 3rd day and guess what ? They still don't have a room. Finally they gave me a suit to stay on last two days which was nice of them. The rooms was clean and no complain there.

But, I wanted to get my money back for 2 nights which the Hotel didn't give me a room. They finally offered refund for just 1 night. Logically, I just don't understand how they can refuse to give the money back for the service that never provided in the first place ?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Disappointed

Yes I remember you!! We were sold out that weekend..Your 1st night you were a no-show,not to any fault of your own! You have family in Wichita I'am glad you did not have to run around looking for a room!

I aplolgize you for your inconvenience!!

MIke Aaron GM

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Okay, so checking into this hotel late at night didn't give it the best impression. The worn carpet and decor made me think I had spent way too much. (I had to settle with paying almost $80 a night by the time I had to book it.) But upon awakening, things were improved.

The mattress I thought was too hard had given me an excellent night's sleep. The linens and towels were of great quality. The breakfast was incredible. The workout room was adequate if you like spectators. (It is in the hall on the way to the reception, dining area, and exit to parking.) But what redeemed this hotel mostly, was the staff.

They were wonderful! I can't say enough. I had needs and they met them. From a phone charger to some fashion advice. From fast restaurant service to a nice clean room. I would recommend this restaurant for a quick stay, but get there before the restaurant closes to get to experience some of their top-notch service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
lakeenta, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Carribean Jo,

Thank You for your comments regarding my Staff! We work hard at creating this atmosphere that you experienced! Please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Wichita!!

Michael E Aaron GM

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but worth it for a discounted rate. The regular rate was $94, AAA for $85 and Priceline had it for $75. As it is an older property, I would consider the rack rate as well overpriced. However, the Priceline rate was an excellent value. There is lots of parking and the lot may even accommodate a semi if you arrive early enough. The clerk was dry and brief, but the manager had a great sense of humor and shared a few laughs at check-in. The convention center area is impressive. The room was excellent--everything I expect at a la Quinta property. There isn't much counter space on the bathroom vanity, but it was doable. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi was speedy and reliable. Great television also. The towels were new and fluffy, the sheets very clean. There is a hotel restaurant that is fantastic. The service was first rate. The bartender/server was clearly a professional and deserves accolades for her attentiveness. The portions were very large. We ate on a Tues. night (normally I'd avoid small hotel restaurants early in the week), but the food was excellent. The lettuce salad showed a little age but was still very good. The burger and fried chicken sandwiches were stellar. This is a great pet friendly location with plenty of grass. Beware the Texas sand burrs in the back open lot. These are brutal on little (and big) paws. Fantastic stay!! Will make this our Wichita destination when traveling through.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We are LaQuinta members so we stay in many hotels in many places. This is an old building but kept clean and neat. The rooms are adequate, but the baths are only big enough for one person at a time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area is very nice, the beds are comfortable, the water is very hot and the breakfast is hot with eggs and sausage. And there is an excellent Mediterranean Grill right across the freeway!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple