“close to road”

Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Southwest
“close to road”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hotel was fine. Rooms are quiet but road noise is there. If road noise prevents you from sleeping, do not stay here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
lakeenta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Jerika S,

Thanks for responding to TA regarding your recent stay! We will continue to work hard to earn your business. I will pass your comments on to my staff as without there efforts I would not be successful!

MIke Aaron GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I was in wichita for thirteen days (13) (Flight Safety Trainning) and stayed at this hotel, i made it as my home, staff was helpful and friendly, my room was maintained well, clean and comfortable . I took shuttle van every day to go to my trainning. Comp breakfast very good. I recommend it to any aviation student that travel to FSI for trainning.
One thing: a/a too noise, but wheater was perfect, i turned off. Its ok.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lakeenta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Caracas,

We enjoyed having you the two weeks you were here! We try to make this Hotel a home away from home like you are family!!! I look forward to seeing you the next time your in for training at Flight Safety!!!

MIchael Aaron
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Impossible to get to, dirty, and I was kept awake by noisy teenagers next door. They had no adult supervision. I'm not sure why the hotel even allowed that.

• Stayed May 2012
Davenports,

I apologize for the circumstances that you encountered at my Hotel I do not expect any of my Guests to tolerate such conditions please call me at your earliest convenience so I can persuade you to come back and experience a much better experience!

Michael Aaron
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have traveled all over the world. I have stayed in fabulous hotels and not so fabulous hotels but one of the best hotel experiences I ever had was La Quinta Inn in Wichita, Kansas. I had just returned from Albania when I had to hop a flight to Kansas for a family event with my mom. Needless to say I was exhausted (I'll admit to being cranky here, but don't tell my mom) and I wasn't looking forward to my stay in Wichita. How comfortable could this hotel be for the price we were paying? Well, let me tell you. La Quinta was fabulous. From the minute we walked in, it was all about us. We were registered promptly by smiling personnel who seemed truly to be delighted we were there. The lobby was not grand, but the bouquet of what appeared to be homegrown flowers on the table, the comfortable couches and chairs sort of made me feel like I had walked into someone's home.

Past the restaurant (where we would have an included breakfast and where we could get a glass of wine in the evening) we walked down nondescript hallways covered with ever-so-practical office type carpeting. We opened the door to our room and fell in love. The beds were luxurious (three pillows no less) and nicely decorated. There was a microwave, refrigerator and an easy chair for reading. The big treat for two women sharing a room was the extra sink just outside the bathroom in the small foyer. The room was big and quiet and exactly what the doctor ordered.

It was all the lovely people who worked at this particular La Quinta, however, who made the experience so marvelous. When my mother misunderstood that breakfast ended at 10 and we arrived a full hour after the restaurant closed, the young lady cleaning up allowed us to sneak in for some cereal and muffins. She even brought us milk so we didn't have to use up the small creamers. When it was time to go to the airport, the woman who drove the bus was at our disposal - didn't matter when we wanted to go.

Thank you La Quinta. You have a customer for life. When I am traveling on business I know where I'll stay.

Room Tip: They have a great workout room. Is glass-walled and opens onto the main hallway but if you don't...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
lakeenta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Ms. Rebecca Forster,
First of all thankyou for staying here in Wichita and choosing my Hotel to relax at! I very much appreciate all you commnets and will continue to work at earning your business. I will share your comments with my staff so we can continue to install the passion to "be here" four all our Guests!

Micheal E Aaron GM
Olathe, Ks
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Older hotel with 5 floors. Nice indoor pool area with sliding glass doors all around to give you that outdoor feel yet the indoor comforts. Nice change from the cookie cutter indoor pools of the newer hotel styles. They have fenced off an area for dogs which is really nice and convenient for guests. Tons of grass {although mole ravaged} for them to exercise. Rooms were huge when compared to the newer hotels around. Wonderful fridge/microwave/dresser entertainment cabinet. Beds were not queen & only doubles. Good hot shower. Breakfast was lacking though compared to other LQ we have stayed at. Waffle & small pastries, toast, juice, coffee however if you are there Mon- Thur - there supposedly is more of a hot breakfast with sausage/gravy/bisuits. Geared for business travelers at the airport hotel instead of their weekend guests. Might just be the location. Clean rooms, linens. Lost 5 stars due to breakfast lacking.

Room Tip: many rooms are adjoining - ours had 2 doors to connect with either side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank justsoccer
lakeenta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
We are pet friendly as all LaQuinta's are!!!I'am pleased you enjoyed your stay...Please visit again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Boy, Wichita fills early during the week, We usually stay at La Quinta anyway but all
they had was a two double bed, we prefer a King, so we checked around and went back to La Quinta, excellent as usual, good beds, ate at the onsite restaurant because it is very confusing the roads in the area, very good food and decent pricing.
excellent breakfast in the dining room, hot bisquits and gravy, breakfast burrito an fruit etc.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This place was absolutely more comfortable than the Howard Johnson Hotel across Kellogg and was only a few dollars more on a discount hotel website. I wish I had stayed here from the beginning. The hotel is a bit dated (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita-Airport) but it is maintained well and my room was clean and comfortable. The rooms are not spacious and the TV hasn't been updated to a flat panel but I was comfortable and very satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business