WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #61 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Titusville, Florida
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I did not have to ask the front desk for any thing it was in my room I asked for a wake up call and got it at the time I asked for it is a great hotel to stay at and I will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

this is an older hotel that is starting to upgrade right from the parking lot to the powder rooms. Our room was spacious well lit with extra seating on a sofa, the bed was really comfortable for a good nights rest. Quiet night did not hear highway. Fairly easy access off highway. Breakfast was available in rather small newly decorated lobby/ eating area, very basic, waffles, bagels, cereal, boiled eggs, juice coffee.
The downside was the room like many others was undergoing Reno and some of the old tacky was still there, once this is all completed it would be good to go back again. All rooms are outside of office and in inclement weather you have to dress for breakfast. all in all acceptable.

Room Tip: deal directly with hotel pass up Expedia! you have to deal with someone in Cairo! check with clerk t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I’ve been debating on whether or not to post a comment, regarding my stay at this Days Inn. However, since I rely on the experience of customers when making my decisions, I decided to post a comment. Quite frankly, my experience at this place was so bad, I just wanted to put it out of my head, but I think posting a comment is better therapy, lol. I was in town for a personal and stressful situation and, therefore, when I checked in I asked to be put in a quite area of the hotel and I explained why. Much to my disappointment they put me next to a room of guys that were housed on the property doing upgrades to the facility, which I didn’t discover until later on. This group of guys sat outside their room until about 4 a.m. smoking and surfing the internet with their laptops. I had asked them please be quite a couple of times, but it did no good. When I walked out the door of my room the next morning 4 chairs were still out side their and my door and the floor was absolutely littered with cigarette butts. I complained to management upon my checkout and they said that these “vacationing” guests would be checking out that day and if I decided to stay another night that they would comp me $20. I told them that I would think about it. Ultimately, I decided to give the place another chance. The next night was just as unmerciful. Unbeknownst to me, these “visiting” guests had not checked out and I ended up four doors down from them and I had to endure another horrible night. The next morning I told management that about the situation and that is when I found out that the guys were staying onsite performing facility upgrades. I asked for the property owner and expressed to him my disappointment that they didn’t put me in a room further away from these guys. The property owner then wanted me to go with him to confront the workers - “what, you have got to be joking”?!? I refused and he told me that I must not have been that bothered by the noise, since I didn’t want to go with him to discuss it with his facility workers. To make matters worse, they refused to give me the discount they committed to. Bottom line, I will never stay at this place again and will, instead, stay at one of their competitors down the street. What an absolute horrible experience this was, for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony M
daysinnwichitawest, Webmaster at Days Inn Wichita West Near Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your recent visit to our area and for your positive remark about our hotel.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience of accommodation.

We have taken steps and assure you that the hotel staff has been given training to ensure that this does not happen again. Systems have been put in place to ensure a smooth check in for all our guests.

We hope that you will surely make a note of this and choose us once again to stay and have a new experience.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This motel was older with worn furniture and peeling paint. A bulb was missing from one of the lights-not burned out-missing. The heater thermostat was not accurate and it was difficult to maintain a good temperature. The walls were thin and you could hear everything in the next room.

This motel would have been acceptable had it been priced about 40% cheaper. They were remodeling some of the rooms so those might be better. They should have charged less for the older rooms however.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the stay at the Days Inn and the review.

We have noticed your comment on the amenities lapses and the price concern.

We shall investigate the issue and take appropriate steps.

You are always welcome to stay with us and we will offer you the best hospitality.

Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in Wichita for a Convention and stayed at this Days Inn. I must say, I think this was the nicest, cleanest, Days Inn I have ever stayed at. Staff was very friendly. Room was awesome--king bed was very comfortable. Had own microwave and refrig. in room. Breakfast was very good. Only 3 miles to downtown. Very good location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FORT COLLINS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Anyone traveling with animals should definitely skip this place. Turns out they have 2, count 'em TWO, rooms and only allow one dog under thirty pounds in those rooms.Kind of like advertising that you have a pool but it's actually only filled and usable on the 4th of July. As were were staying there for 5 days for the National Rabbit and Guinea Pig show in Wichita this caused us quite a few problems. Our guinea pigs would not have barked at the neighbors, peed and pooped on the floor, nor slept on the bed as I'm sure most 30 pound dogs do. A simple explanation of what they considered "pet friendly" on their website would have saved me a lot of grief by staying elsewhere. There was the 1.5 hour screaming couple fight outside the first night we were there, the power washing the building outside our door for 30 minutes one evening and the cigarette smoke stench every time you walked in the room to complete the experience. You could barely get 2 words out of the desk staff either upon arrival or check out. As long as you wanted a waffle for breakfast you were in luck. There wasn't much else available. One morning I got the last little bit of coffee from the pot and no backup pot was immediately available. What there was of that was cold. Fortunately we didn't have to spend much time there.

Moral of the story, if you book online you have to still call them up and see what their policies are.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Days Inn Wichita and your detailed review.

Please note that we have investigated the issue already and the needful has been done.

We understand our guests and what they look for and take their reviews seriously for improvement.

Visit us again and check our hospitality.