“Value”

Ranked #57 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Kansas City, Missouri
“Value”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

In a city where value is difficult to find, this is a gem. The owner is friendly and the staff is courteous and helpful. Although the location is on the west side of town, it is easy to get around in Wichita. The rooms are basic but clean. I have been staying here repeatedly for several years.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I chose this hotel because the reviews on Trip Advisor were generally good. The price was great, but I got what I paid for. The motel is dated and I don't like rooms that you have to get to from outside. We were on the second floor and I had to carry our luggage up from the concrete steps outside. The help was hanging out on the steps smoking when we were unloading luggage. Even though they were friendly, it felt uncomfortable, as if our stuff was being inventoried as we brought it from our car to the room. There was also a mattress sitting outside of one of the rooms on the balcony and I wondered why a mattress had to be taken out and left in the outside hallway. Room was very clean but had spackle in lots of places on the wall that were not painted over. Bathroom very small and walls were thin enough to hear other rooms, although there was not a good deal of people chatter. Mostly just hearing toilets flushing and others showers going. There is also a cap on the air conditioner. I like a cold room and it never got below 72 degrees in the room, even when it was set on 64 and it isn't that hot outside during the night. We opted to pass on their free breakfast and I changed hotels for the rest of our trip - just felt uncomfortable.

Room Tip: With outside room entrance and no elevator, I would request a first floor room if you have a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
daysinnwichitawest, Webmaster at Days Inn Wichita West Near Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your review.

It is our endeavor to offer our guests a satisfactory service at the Days Inn, Wichita.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the stay howsoever.

We have attended to all the points mentioned in the subject matter

We met with the hotel staff team and took necessary actions so that issue like this does not happen again.

Please have a rethinking and we shall try to convince you with a better service.

Sincerely yours,
Hotel Manager.
witchita
Reviewed June 22, 2012

friendly service, good price, good clean, quiet rooms , i recommend to stay here

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manhattan
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great place, super location, very friendly and courteous staff, good facility!

Room Tip: second floor is very quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Radcliff, Kentucky
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Me and my wife were tired and looking for a good place to spend the night as we traveled to Mt Rushmore. We found the room and facilities well kept and clean. We appreciated all that was done for us and would recommend this place for those looking for a good deal. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times this last year, every time I have found the rooms clean, beds comfortable, noise minimal. In the room I have had, I like the semi-separate bathroom area. The location is good for hubbing out for business calls while I am in town. It is near a large mall, which gives me something to do at night. The front desk staff has been very easy to deal with and helpful. The rooms are what I expect for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alva, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Location is great and the rooms are clean. However, the walls are paper thin. The rooms were a little dated, but my bathroom for a family of five was tiny. You practically had to stand on the toilet to shut the door. If I travel to Wichita again this will not be where we stay. There is no pool and you have to go outside the building to access the lobby and the ice and vending machines. I didn't really want to leave my room at dark to go get ice or a pop outside being in an area I was not familiar with. The cost was good though, since I got a discount with my company, so I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family