“Where do you start?”

Days Inn Wichita North
Ranked #73 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I normally don't mind bad service if the room is clean and the shower works. But this Days Inn was substandard in a variety of ways.
First was contacting the hotel itself. We called and called with no answer. I finally just let it ring. It sounded after the tenth ring to be some kind of digital noise, connecting to fax or something. I tried for over an hour an never got a pickup. When I arrived and said something about it, of course, I was wrong, I miss dialed or something. Ok maybe I did, but what about my three kids and wife who were using their cells to call also. The clerk reminded me of an adult version of honey boo boo. So of course that is what we called her in private. Not very nice, but it wss funny.
Second problem was the lock on the back entrance or should I say lack of lock. I wouldn't want my girls or wife to stay there. See picture.
The rooms were clean for the most part, however, see the photo of the pillow. Looks like a dried booger was left on it.
When I got up in the morning, I was really suprised by the lack of care on the exterier. It was hot, very hot, like Africa hot, but the lawn was not mowed and was about 8 Iinches high.
There was all kinds of trash and glass and cans on the gounds and in the parking lot. See other close up picture. There were all kinds of cigerette butts out the back entrance and smokers were standing around doing their thing. The hotel should put an ash can and trash can back there. It crossed my mind that this might have been a crack hotel, but the room was much better. The breakfast offerings were more like a snack to tied you over till you got to a resturant. The coffee cups were 6 oz. My one pet peeve, give me coffee and lots of it.
Upon check out I waited to see if I would be asked if everything was ok, I wasn't asked.
The young middle eastern man who checked me out was pleasent but avoid any hotel subject.
The hotel looks to cater to blue collar workers, service techs and truckers. All fine people, don't get me wrong, but I was concerned for my girls.
I would NOT recommend this place to girls or women unless traveling with a whole herd.
If I had to I would stay again but I woukd pay up to $120 for a room not to.
Perry

• Stayed: August 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

I will certainly discuss your comments with management so corrections and repairs can be made immediately. I apologize for any inconvenience to you and your family.
Your experience is not typical of our hotel and we take these comments seriously.
We appreciate your business and wish you safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Wichita North

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Paid under $45 for the night. Room was clean, staff cordial and friendly. Can't beat the price for 2 doubles. Breakfast was adequate. Flat screen tv, wifi was working fine. Restraunt is within walking distance across parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2013

It is our goal to give a good product at a reasonable price. Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Reviewed August 7, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very fair price for the stay! This hotel had very nice staff. The room was very clean except for the comforter, which I never use anyway. We all know that the comforter does not get cleaned as much as the sheets do and the sheets were very clean. The room was very big in size, which was great. The bathroom was also very clean. I liked the smell of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap! The beds are super comfy!!! Even though this is a non-smoking room, I could tell someone smoked in the room, but I always bring Febreze, so no big deal. This hotel is located directly off the highway, but I could not hear any noise. Just good location. A/C worked great also. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Its always good to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. We strive to offer cleam comfortable rooms and great customer service.
Thank you for taking time to write this review. You truly are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Please plan to visit again soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wichita
Super 8 Wichita North
Days Inn & Suites Wichita
#43 of 87 in Wichita
WoodSpring Suites Wichita North
Days Inn Wichita West Near Airport

Been to Days Inn Wichita North? Share your experiences!