“Long wait for nothing”
Review of Fox & Hound Pub & Grille - CLOSED

Fox & Hound Pub & Grille
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We got there about 5:40. This was our second time staying in Wichita and eating here. Last time was August, 2011 and everything was very good. I ordered fish and chips and my husband ordered sirloin steak, prepared medium. It was about a 30 minute wait until our food came. Fish and chips were OK. When my husband cut into his steak, it was rare at best-lots of blood. The waitress said they would cook another one for him. The manager came over and said he was sorry and they would fix another-again to be cooked medium. At 6:35 he finally got his steak-at which time I was totally finished with my meal. The manager came over and asked if the steak was cooked OK. As my husband cut into it, it was just as bloody as the first. The manager said they would cook another one but we left. They did discount my meal about $3 but my husband got nothing to eat. Will never go there again when we are in Wichita.

There are newer reviews for Fox & Hound Pub & Grille

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife, her parents, myself, and our child went to the Fox and Hound last Friday for supper. We arrived a bit before 6pm. There was no wait and we were seated immediately which is really weird for a restaurant on the Waterfront on a Friday, we should have took this as a clear sign to run away, but alas we stayed!

The beer selection is pretty good. I think the waitress said they have over 30 beers on tap. My wife also enjoyed the girly mixed drinks. After getting our drinks we placed our order, pretty wide variety, everything from wings to a steak salad.

The food arrived in what I would say is a slightly longer then "normal" amount of time. Here's were it gets ugly. Three of the four dishes were room temperature. The steak on my mother-in-laws salad was cold which we found weird since they asked her how she wanted it cooked. My wife's steak was room temperature and horrible. It just tasted bad. For the first time since we've been together my wife had to ask for steak sauce in order to eat her steak. Of the four dishes the only one that was any good were the wings, which were actually very hot and good!

Being not very impressed with the entrees and still hungry from the little of them we ate, we ordered the desert cookie that's supposed to feed 6. This is where we think we figured things out. The cookie came out with what at one time was ice cream on top of it, but was a room temperature puddle of vanilla by the time it got to us. I realized ice cream will melt if placed on a hot cookie, but for it to melt that much it had to have been sitting for a long while.

Our theory is that maybe we just had a really bad server or maybe our server was overloaded with tables. This would explain our entrees being room temperature and the ice cream being melted, everything was sitting in the kitchen window too long.

Anyhow this was our first, and probably only, trip to the Fox and Hound Wichita. Now we know that if a restaurant has lots of open tables, on a Friday night, on the Waterfront, there's probably a reason why.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you want fish and chips don't come here. A poor imitation of the real thing. British beer served at the wrong temperature does not do it justice.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The staff made us feel like family, they must have changed management because everything was top shelf! What a way to celebrate St Pats day., great PARTY!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This was a nice surprise after driving 3 hours to Wichita, and then searching for a good place to watch the KU basketball on a big screen. We were directed to 2 other places by our hotel, but luckily checked some the reviews before going. In the nick of time, our Wichita friends directed us here where we found great service, food and a selection of 39 beers on tap, including Free State, Boulevard,and Avalanche to name a few. The
bartender was very knowledgeable and offered samples. All of the servers were warm and hospiable. I am never a chicken finger-eater, but will have to say these were REALLY good (breading recipe includes stout beer). Great value too.