My husband and I went to this hotel for an anime/syfi convention. We were there on business running lights and sound for the event. Also, I have a medical condition where stress will make me terribly sick and I'm also on the shy side and a bit anti-social. I basically need time to myself and away from people occasionally to collect my thoughts and wind down from socializing.
The layout of this hotel was the worst thing for me. Half of the rooms lined the 2 main rooms for the convention which had hundreds of people constantly. The back wall of these rooms had sliding glass doors that led directly onto the convention or main events floor. The rest of the rooms lined the outside wall of the hotel, some with entrances from the outside like a motel. The room we got had a sliding glass door directly onto the convention floor. There was no sleeping. There was no down time. There was no relaxation. I was sick the entire convention. Not fun at all.
To make things even worse, the only elevator the hotel had for access to the second floor of rooms (which were laid out in the same fashion I had stated previously) was out of order. I have bad needs and it is very painful for me to take stairs. The first room they gave us was on the second floor. We had to ask for a different room, otherwise I wouldn't be able to leave the hotel room until we were leaving to go home cause the stairs were so painful. That's when we got the room with the sliding glass door on the first floor, 152, which also had a mysterious loud ticking sound in the brick wall. (We also have our suspicions that room 152 is haunted cause each of us lost one thing precious to us during our stay and when in the room. For example, I lost my hairbrush and my husband lost some bubble solution he had just bought. He had gone to the store and it was in his bag when he left the store, when he was in his truck, and when he had entered the hotel room to check on me. He didn't set the bag down, he didn't take anything out, he carried the bag with the bubble solution in it the whole time and nothing fell out since it was a huge jug. When he left the room, the bubble solution was gone. Completely disappeared along with my hairbrush that was sitting next to the sink. Our employee that had come with us lost his keys. We search every inch, crevice, sheet, pillow, etc of the hotel room and couldn't find any of our items. It was very weird.)
Other than everything I had stated, the hotel is fairly nice. The staff was courteous and helpful and the hotel was clean and orderly. The hotel rooms were well kept and the hotel had a swimming pool, shuffle board, arcade games, and a mini carousel for children.
In conclusion, this is a great hotel if you are wanting a get away or just a place to sleep. If you are going here for an event or if there's one there during your stay, GOOD LUCK. Oh and don't get room 152 unless you are prepared to lose at least 1 thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites!A great hotel near Koch Industries combines service and value, and our Wichita hotel has both in abundance for our guests.As a hotel near Wichita State University (WSU), we cater to groups, visiting faculty and students in town to tour the campus. Whether you want a hotel near Kansas Pavilions or a hotel near downtown Wichita, you deserve a property that puts your comfort first. An indoor pool and game area is a great way to relax or engage in some friendly competition. We're just six miles north of downtown Wichita, so slipping into town for some fine dining, entertainment or a special event is easy.Our Wichita hotel offers easy access off of I-35, so commutes are a breeze. With 16,000 square feet of convention space, we're also a popular choice for special events like meetings, receptions and family reunions. Employees of Koch Industries, Alefs Harley Davidson, the National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) and Wichita State University often take advantage of our spacious meeting facilities.We offer a complimentary hot breakfast with steaming hot waffles, fresh fruits, a selection of cereal and yogurt and 100% Arabica coffee or juices. With a fitness center and guest laundry, our pet friendly Wichita hotel makes guests feel right at home. Enjoy a swim in the indoor pool or a delectable meal at the attached Country Kitchen Restaurant. Complimentary Wi-Fi, Whirlpool suites and mobility accessibility makes your stay even more enjoyable. An elevator makes both floors of the hotel easily accessible. Nearby attractions include the Sedgwick County Zoo, Old Town Wichita and the Intrust Bank Arena. Spend the day exploring the streets of Old Town, or take the entire family on a trip to the zoo. Friendly staff members at our Wichita hotel are happy to provide recommendations, too.Reserve a room at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites for a great vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Wichita North Hotel Wichita
- Best Western Wichita North Hotel And Suites
- Wichita Best Western