“Not bad for the price”

Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was pretty good. Comfortable bed. I was nervous because it only had 2-3 stars on priceline but I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely stay there again. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have body wash in the bathroom, it was bar soap; and the shampoo didn't have a strong smell.... I had a job interview at a zoo so I had to wash my hair 3 times to get the smell out. It's a little out of the way. The restaurant staff were hit or miss.. some were very friendly but others not so much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. Im glad to hear that our front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. Also I know that is nice to have a hot breakfast in the morning so thank you for visiting our country kitchen restaurant. I would like to discuss with you further about the service that your received in our restaurant. It is our intention that all of our guests receive the very best in customer service. That is our motto. Please contact my office so that we may discuss your stay in detail. Again thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I almost drove on, when I saw the property. It doesn't look great from the outside, with exterior access rooms. When I went in, I was aided by a very helpful desk clerk. He gave me an interior access room and I felt a little better.

The hotel is very old and worn and has a bit of a stale smell. The halls are rather dark. The saving grace of this property is the staff. They keep the place very clean and try their best to be helpful. I found the room to be clean and comfortable and I slept well.

I will likely not return to this hotel, as the area was not quite what I was looking for and the hotel is a little too old for my liking. I would like to commend the staff for doing a great job.

Room Tip: Choose an interior access room if you are a female traveling alone.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
bestwestern17107, Assistant general manager at Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our staff. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with an accommodating room. I would also like to point out that we are making some major renovations to our property in order to provide our guests with the very best customer experience. Hopefully you will stay with us in the near future and enjoy all of the new upgrades that our property will offer. Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Amazing staff, amazing value! Great place for kids. Great indoor pool and play areas. Nice open areas to just hang out and socialize. The breakfast buffet was great, and really helped give a lot of bang for your buck! Easy access location, and very affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013
bestwestern17107, Assistant general manager at Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank so much for your comments. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you had the chance to enjoy the many amenities our hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves on being family oriented. Also families really love our on site restaurant which serves a hot and ready breakfast buffet each morning. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel was fine, I was at a 3 day convention and could only stay the 1st and 3rd day. I went to get my wife on the 2nd day and bring her on the 3rd, that's where the foul-up was. I had reserved the rooms 2 months early, requesting king-bed smoking room, was told when i checked out on the 2nd day" no problem for the 3rd day. I got back on the 3rd and my room was gone, yes they took $10 off my room charge, but i would rather have gotten the right room, it wasn't smoking or king bed, so came with no fridge for my insulin, they brought one but it took all night to get cold. I saw someone else say the breakfast buffet was good, I guess if you like watery gravy on your biscuits, half cooked sausage, no bacon, no cereal, my wife took 1 bite of the only thing she would try, french toast sticks and said they sucked and went back to her room, this was the consensus by most of the people I talked to about it at the rally, and we do know good food from bad, we're bikers. the convention was great (KS State HOG Rally), the hotel was nice enough but the experience left a sour taste in my mouth. "Oh and I almost forgot, one of the beds had hair in it my wife said pubic, what appeared to be dead bugs, my wife said bed bugs, so in essence we got a room with one queen bed.

Room Tip: ask about amenities for each type room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff and will take preventative measures to avoid future incidents. Thank you again. And we hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was a 1st visit to this location. We were overall impressed with the upkeep of this older hotel. Cleanliness and friendliness were a top priority. We decided that this might be a perfect place to bring extended family for a reasonably priced trip (the breakfast in the Country Kitchen was very good & the staff there, excellent!!). However......the 2nd night there, we were kept awake by "lots" of kids playing (running, screaming & throwing balls at each other hitting doors of rooms, etc..) in the center arcade area & loud music. We called down to the desk (after 11 pm) & were informed that the center area was closed. Told them that we were looking out our door and there were many people still there and VERY noisy. The clerk politely apologized and said that they would clear out the area, 45 minutes later...they were still there & making noises. There was also a band playing in another area of the hotel and we were informed that they were playing till midnight. I know that there was a rally going on in at the location, but what about the people who stopped for a place to stay for SLEEP!! It's too bad that such a nice location has such issues with noise. We complained at the desk again at check-out and was given a discount on our stay, which was greatly appreciated but didn't help the fact that we had a very sleepless night and were drained on our trip home. Don't know if having a room on the outside would have helped with the music blaring till midnight. Even though our kids/grandkids would love the arcade part, not sure if the lack of rest would be worth it.....as I see from another review that they had the same issue. It seems that almost everywhere we travel, other guests letting their kids run wild is an overall theme that ruins many people's experiences at normally great hotel/motel destinations. We hoped that by us letting the hotel know about the situation, they will deal with it before it ruins their good reputation of a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I apologize for the noise issues that you encountered. We take all of guests concerns very seriously and will be taking preventative measures to help prevent any future occurrences. Again thank you for your comments and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to earn your business.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel was fine, but we were the wrong people in the wrong place to enjoy it. This would be an excellent site for families with children who need activity after being in a car all day. In the center of the hotel is an arcade, complete with pool tables, a putting green, and video games. Our room had glass sliding doors that would open right by the putting green. We heard a whole lot of conversation and congratulatory shouting when putts were accurate. We turned the fan on, and that helped a little with the noise. Another source of discomfort for us is that we're accustomed to a very dark room. With the arcade being right outside, it was well lit, and the curtain was not successful in blocking it.

The breakfast was very good; a Country Kitchen restaurant is attached to the hotel, and we were given coupons to the buffet. It was a very pleasant experience.

The room was clean and everything worked well. If you're a couple or traveling on business, I'd recommend finding another place or asking for an odd numbered room. I tried to look over the diagram of the hotel, and it appears that the odd numbered rooms aren't connected to the arcade.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. We value your thoughts and suggestions. We will share your comments with our staff in an effort to consistently provide our customers with the very best customer care. Again thank you for your comments and we hope you stay with us again soon

Reviewed May 23, 2013