“I would stay again!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
Salina, Kansas
“I would stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here for spring break with two preteens. The courtyard is nice to hang out in. My husband and I had some drinks and played some pool while kids played games. Enjoyed breakfast (eggs, bacon,fruit,bagels,muffins,cereal,juices, etc). The location is great, we didn't have to travel far for anything! The only complaint I have is the pool. It seemed to have to many chemicals and was rather cold. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
West Des Moines, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had some special problems during our visit, but the staff handled them well. I've never had any problems at Best Western in the past. I was really surprised that stool clogged as soon as we got to the room, and it wasn't even two hours into our say when the sink fell out. We needed adjourning rooms, and we had that at the beginning, but the odor from the fumes was so bad when they fixed the sink, we had to move. There were not adjourning rooms available then, and the rooms were smaller than what we had in the beginning. The staffs were very helpful and apologetic for the inconvenience, but all of these things did upset or vacation a bit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW17114, Catering Manager at Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Deborah M.,
I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry your vacation was interrupted by the issues you experienced. I'm happy our staff was able to address the problems quickly, but they still altered your plans and I'm disappointed that happened. I hope you will visit again so we can make sure your entire stay is delightful!

Jovana Johnson
Catering Manager
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The outside looks a little dated but the inside has been very well maintained and updated beautifully. There are a few items that needed fixed but nothing that took away from the stay. The pool and game area was great for the kids to play in but the hot tub is way too small. Overall we'll be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The rooms are nice and roomy. Our room was on the outside corridor and it quiet even though the hotel was full. I advise skipping the breakfast buffet unless you like cold coffee, eggs and french toast. Many items you would expect such as yogurt are not offered.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Hutchinson, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

All areas of this faciliity are exceptionally clean. The lobby, courtyard, room, bath, and bed met with my expectations. The restaurant in this hotel is very disappointing. Wright Brothers is a relaxing bar area with efficient, courteous staff and homemade soup on Wednesdays. This motel is located near the Wichita Airport with an on demand airport shuttle. They allow you to park and fly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Garden City, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Rooms were comfortable, nice pool area for ppl traveling with kids. Extremely disappointed in hotel restaurant and extremely disappointed that the hot tub was full of little kids and water was only luke warm.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Newberg, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is not among the nicest of Best Western Properties. It is not terrible but there are many nicer places nearby at similar pricing. It is an old property and the facelift with the Arctic-white plastic block facade on the walls doesn't help that much. Carpets in halls and stairways are old and were not thoroughly vacuumed. Dished were left in the halls and on top of the fire-extinguishers. There was one available electrical outlet near the bed, but not near anything I could use to place my CPAP on. There were other quirky little things, like the wall switch turned the TV off as well as a light. The hotel does have an OK restaurant attached that is convenient and offers good value, and the hotel breakfast was better than that offered by many Best Westerns. For the most part, everything worked OK, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel was adequate, but I stay in Wichita several times a year. I usually stay at other nearby properties, and while I would not refuse to stay here again if it was all that was available, I would not be likely to make it one of my first 3 or 4 choices. I am a Best Western Platinum level frequent guest. Many Best Western acknowledge this at checkin and some provide some token like bottled water or a snack pack. This hotel did not. The room itself was warm, comfortable, and had perfectly adequate shower and facilities and there was a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker provided. I rated this hotel poor rather than average based on the available competitive properties, but as I said before, it was not terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Robert G.,
I appreciate your feedback and we have worked to improve many areas of the hotel in recent months. All of the rooms have gone through our first step of remodeling and we look forward to the next! We are an older property and are excited about all the upcoming changes.
I am disappointed that you were not recognized as a Best Western Platinum level guest. I will work with the front desk to ensure that process is improved as well.
I hope we can move up on your list of preferred hotels. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss these items further 316-942-5600.

Jovana Johnson