“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Rochester, Minnesota
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My granddaughters and I were traveling to Texas from Minnesota. We chose Wichita as a halfway point. I had a difficult time finding rooms in Wichita for the night we were passing through. I randomly found one at this hotel. We arrived after driving over 600 miles. The staff was very helpful. My two grandchildren and I went to the pool as soon as we could. The pool was warm and they had a blast. The hot tub was not working well, but that was all right. The beds were comfortable. My husband was worried about the safety for the three of us, but I sent him a picture of the statue of the Holy Family in the lobby. I reassured him that any place that displayed that statue felt good to me. The granddaughters loved having their photos taken by all the animal statues through out the hotel. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous. I booked a room for our return trip the next week. I would stay again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BW17114, Catering Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Wichita Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Teresa S.,
Traveling long distances can be exhausting! I'm happy you were able to locate our hotel and that our staff was welcoming and provided you with a room for the evening. We have a large collection of bronze sculptures throughout the hotel and they have always been a big hit with kids! We want our guests to feel safe and at home and I'm pleased our statue in the front lobby helped make you feel comfortable in our hotel. Our maintenance department has worked to resolve the issued with the hot tub and I hope you can enjoy it on your next trip!

Safe Travels!

Catering Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Friendship, WI, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I use Best Western almost exclusively when I travel. I used this motel without advanced reservations, and it was, overall, a very good experience. The only problem was that they could have used a little more staff at the morning breakfast. In all of my experiences with Best Western, I've only encountered one place that I would not go back to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael G.,
We are thankful that you choose to call Best Western your home away from home while you travel. We strive to accommodate our guests that drop by for a night's stay just as we would someone with a reservation. I'm pleased to hear you felt welcomed and check in was a breeze. I will work with our restaurant staff to better prepare for busy mornings in our breakfast area, to hopefully avoid any further frustrations.

We look forward to your return visit!

Hoxie
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I hosted my late father's WWII reunion here in Sept. 2013. The facility and the staff were absolutely wonderful. The easy access to rooms, hospitality suite, restaurant and banquet room was just what we needed. In 20 years of having reunions, we have never found a hotel that accommodated us as well as this one. There were 90 of us in attendance at the reunion and there was not one complaint from them. The most-heard comment? "How can we ever top this reunion at this hotel in Wichita??"

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room! Just push your sliding doors open and you have courtyard access!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joanne E.,
It was such a pleasure to host your group at our hotel. All of our staff enjoyed visiting with the members of your group and celebrating such a wonderful event! It is always a joy when one group can take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer on property. We look forward to hosting more events for you and the individuals that attended in the very near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent place to stay when you have to fly out early in the morning. The amenities provided are perfect! They even let our parents use their shuttle to the airport and also let them park their vehicle in their parking lot the week they were away. Nice!

• Stayed August 2013
KrinkleGator,
We are so happy you and your family members enjoyed your time at our hotel. We have found that many of our guests appreciate the 24 hour free shuttle service and utilize it when they have an early morning flight.
We look forward to your next visit!

Parker, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boys loved the ping pong, putt putt, pool tables, arcade games and pool. The continental breakfast was fabulous. Staff was very hospitable, rooms where immaculate. Pool was nasty, hot tub was broke, mattresses rock hard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Wichita Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are really glad your family enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the pool and hot tub equipment being broken at your time of stay. Since your stay we have renovated the pool and hot tub. We appreciate that your family enjoyed our indoor courtyard area. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Room was musty and you could tell it was a former smoking room converted. This place is old and needs to be razed and rebuilt. The upside is I got a heavily discounted room which was more in line with the real value of this place but I still feel like I overpaid. Lots of sketchy looking people hanging out in the lobby, didn't feel comfortable parking there...even out front in well lot area.

Room Tip: Pick another place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center appreciates your feedback and are very disappointed that your experience was not the level of customer service you deserve. I would like to inform you, that in the near future we are updating our rooms. I hope you would consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you the service you deserve.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last minute the night before an early flight and at first thought it was great. Great location and convenient. The AC turned on every 5 min and woke us all night. With all of that said, I woke up in the morning with bed bug bites and overall I'd say the room was less than average. Beware of bed bugs!

• Stayed August 2013
BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Wichita Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We understand your recent stay with us was not favorable. We appropriate your feedback and our disappointed that your experience was not the level of customer service you deserve. We do apologize for the difficulties you had during your stay. We were very concerned with your feedback but I like to reassure you that we have investigated the property and have not came across any unwelcomed guest. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with exceptional service.