“Peanut shells everywhere”

Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Wichita, Kansas
“Peanut shells everywhere”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food was good. A little noisy, difficult to talk but would go again if I was in the mood for a more "rowdy" dinner.

Visited October 2012

Eureka
“Our favorite restaurant in Wichita!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Took the family out for lunch yesturday to our favorite restaurant...Texas Roadhouse. We called ahead for seating since we live over an hour away and got right in. As always, the place was packed. This is always a good sign of a successful business. The steaks, appetizers, rolls, service is the BEST! Our food came out just the way we ordered it and in a timely manner. Our waiter Jase was incredibly good.He never missed a beat even though he was very busy. The kids menu is just perfect for our 7 & 10 year old. We ALWAYS enjoy eating here.

• Visited January 2013
Houston, Texas
“GREAT service but food was a mixed bag”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is an incredibly busy restaurant with a highly professional staff that provides friendly and efficient service. It reminds me somewhat of the Houston Pappas chain restaurant such as Pappasitos on a good night: efficient but still personable. Our food was a mixed picture. The free rolls and peanuts were terrific. The steak was excellent as was the fried chicken salad (I've forgotten what they call it). The baked potatos were good but not excellent (too much butter and sour cream). I have to be critical of the pork chops, however. They were so oversalted and funny tasting as to be absolutely inedible. When I called over our waiter, he cheerfully said he would get me less salted pork chops. His visit was followed by a friendly visit from the manager who apologized, said she would take $10 off the bill and then followed up to see if the substitute pork chops were OK. Truth be told, the substitute pork chops, which arrived in a very reasonable time, were somewhat better and they were certainly less salted. Maybe this batch of pork was slightly off, however, as they still did not taste particularly great. In any event, however, I very much appreciated the way that staff handled the issue and felt that I was treated very fairly. I would go here again, but I think I'd steer towards beef and chicken and away from pork.

Oh, One other point. We were on a road trip and did not want to linger. So we made reservations. Although, on Jan. 1, the place was incredibly busy, the RoadHouse honored the reservations and got us seated almost immediately. Impressive and again emblematic of the highly professional and customer-oriented service of this chain.

• Visited January 2013
“Good food but a little to noisy”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Enormous quantities of food, but the quality of the BBQ pulled pork could be a little better (less fat). Service was OK but had to wait to be seated til after the staff finished a line dance show.

Visited November 2012
Wichita, Ks
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went to Texas Roadhouse on Veterans day and they were packed. We were able to be seated right away. Our waitress was Sasha and she was amazing. Our order went in quickly and our food arrived in good time. Sasha was very busy but she made sure every time she passed our table, she checked on us. We never had to ask for anything, our drinks were refilled before we even knew we needed a refill. I ordered the shrimp skewers and they are just delicious!! My friends had chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken, their meals were delicious also. We will be back and will definitely ask for Sasha.
I forgot to mention that EVERY employee spoke to us as we were leaving and they all had their hands full, rushing to a table or to the kitchen. We were very impressed with their friendliness.

• Visited November 2012