“Good hotel in good location”

Courtyard Wichita at Old Town
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Spent 6 nights here when visitimg wichita on business. Hotel was spotlessly clean and room was to a good standard for this price range. I also used the conference facilities for a meeting during my stay and this was all prepared for me well in advance of my meeting. Credit goes to Courtney for sorting out the conference facilities.
My only minor niggle was that it did get a bit noisy in the evenings, but this ia to be expected in a city central location. The noise didnt go on too late so was not much of a problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Due to another event I was attending in Old Town, I chose to stay at the Courtyard as it was one block away and I could walk easily. First and foremost the staff was very, very good, professional, friendly and accommodating. Since it was the fourth of July weekend and the potential noise, I was asked which side of the building I wanted and wanting to see the firework, I got an uppermost level front side room. (Wichita apparently does not have the big fireworks show by the river any longer however there was a panorama view of the others all over the city.) The room was very large with a comfortable king bed, writing desk, wardrobe, couch, coffee service and clean bathroom. There is a mini-fridge in the room, which does not have any freezer space should you need to refreeze packs for your cooler if you're traveling with one. There is a "marketplace" from which you can purchase snacks, drinks etc. and the bar has an adequate inventory of drinks, should you want one. Parking is $8.00 per day, which I thought was a little expensive given there were no guaranteed spots for those who pay and the lot is neither fenced or secured, which I would have expected for the cost. Otherwise there are two lots, one to the east and one on the north of the building.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was traveling from Dallas to Denver and Wichita happened to work out as a stopping point. Having never been to Wichita, I was a little concerned with the route in from the freeway but pleasantly surprised when I found myself across from Old Town. Great places to eat and listen to local music after several hours on the road. Parking was not an issue and the free garage is two blocks away if that. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Great value and would recommend if you are passing through this area.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I spent two nights here for a business and sales meeting. Very pleased with the large, clean, comfortable room. The property was up to date, the staff is friendly and helpful. If you have a car, you will require a parking permit, the lots need some attention. The access to Old Town starts across the street and it's only a short walk to one of the many bars and eating establishments. The only real negative is the charge for the breakfast buffet, it would be nice to have a couple of complimentary items for those who don't eat a full breakfast. Overall, a good enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Only spent one quick night here recently with my fiancée but was very happy with my stay. It's a one block walk to Old Town Wichita, which is well worth it for food and entertainment such as live music and bars.

The inside somewhat reminded me of higher end hotels where there is large open space going up many floors. New brick as well, and the place just seemed tidied up and spotless. Would definitely stay here again when traveling through Wichita and just a couple minutes away from I-135 in downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to cap off a date night in Old Town. The staff was incredibly hospitable. The rooms, which had recently been renovated were beautiful, modern, and spacious. You definitely cannot beat the location if you are planning a night out in Old Town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindsayBaines
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked room with two queen beds a few days before arrival on their website. Upon arrival, was told we could have a king room as there was a college basketball team using all rooms with two beds. I already knew other hotels in area were booked so we were stuck. Later flipped coin and I got bed, my friend got 4' long loveseat. I asked for room discount, but the clerk did not find a way to get that done. Last time staying here because of treatment.

Room Tip: Avoid Old Town hotels if you have a vehicle and don't want it broken into.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Lealand F, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Mr. C,
I'm so sorry we were unable to meet your request for a room with two beds. Meeting the guests room preference is always a high priority for us, but it is not always possible. Sometimes there are guests that stay over, or rooms may be out of service. In our case we are under renovation and have a number of that room type out of service and we were unable to meet your request. I apologize that we didn't come up with a better solution for you on this trip. If you'll contact me on your next trip to Wichita we'll try to see if we can do a better job of taking care of your needs.
Thank you again for staying with us under those circumstances and we'll do our best next time to get you the room type you need. I might also suggest joining Marriott Rewards. If you travel a lot, our Gold members are guaranteed room types.
Thank you again.