“New Wichita Hotel of Choice”

Courtyard Wichita at Old Town
Ranked #42 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I visit the city of Wichita quite frequently and I’m pleased to say the Courtyard by Marriott in Wichita's Old Town is my new Wichita hotel of choice. The hotel is located in the heart of Wichita’s Old Town district, which is home to over 100 businesses consisting of restaurants, one of kind boutiques, theaters, galleries, trendy bars, and much more. Everything was so conveniently close to the hotel that I didn’t have to drive the entire weekend. Upon arrival staff were courteous, prompt with check in, and informative. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable which is all one can ask for. Surprisingly the hotel was fairly quiet to be located in the heart of downtown. Overall the Courtyard in Old Town exceeded my expectations. One would not be disappointed staying no matter if the occasion is business, personal, family orientated, or a weekend away with friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We all really enjoyed having my daughter and new son-in-law's wedding reception at the Courtyard by Marriott in Wichita's Old Town area. The food served was awesome and the everyone there so helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the dancing and drinks and the hotel was able to accommodate all our out-of-town guests for the night. Our beds were so comfy and the rooms were very welcoming. We really enjoyed the breakfast served the next morning and being able to reconnect with all our family and friends that stayed the night. Kudos to the breakfast chef for the wonderful omelets that she whipped up. She was so friendly, as was all the staff at this Marriott.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard in Oldtown over this past weekend. The minute we walked in we we instantly felt welcomed. Ashley and Liz checked us in and they were so friendly!! We will definately be back to stay!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a one night stop to our vacation destination. I loved the way it looked on the website so I booked it. I was never so happy in all my travels!! The rooms are almost apartment size, much more than your average hotel room and at a very decent price. The 2 lounge chairs w/ottomans were so nice, comfy beds, large bathroom, digital heat/air, nice little lounge and beautiful indoor waterfall. The "Old Town" charm is so inviting! The only thing they are missing is a pool~ but they have a nice little work out area. I only wish this had been our final destination because I would have been perfectly happy just staying here!! Would definitely stay again. (** One note~ be prepared for them to charge $75 incidental fee at check in**)

Room Tip: We had a double queen on the 5th floor~city side view. It viewed the paid parking so you can see you...
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Came here to Wichita to attend a friend's wedding. This isn't exactly my idea of a vacation destination, but I love my dear friend and wouldn't have missed her special day.

The staff and service were excellent. Everyone was super helpful and very accommodating.

The room we stayed in was very clean. The bed was so comfortable, I haven't slept that soundly in a long time! Pillows were super soft and they provided plenty of them.

Their fitness center was clean and equipped with high end machines.

Their breakfast buffet wasn't fancy, but it had all you want; omelette station, waffle station, fresh fruit, assorted Danish, breads, etc.. and all the fixings. It was a great value too!

Their location was perfect! Walking distance to lots of restaurants, movie theaters, museums, and nightlife. It was really cool to be able to sit outside the hotel and listen to the live music playing right across the street.

The only downside if there was one was that they didn't have a pool. With the weather being 100+ degrees it would have been nice to be able to take a dip to cool off. But, with that said, it's an excellent property to stay at!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am really surprised at the reviews for this property. We have stayed here during Thanks Giving for the past 2 years.

The people are really nice to us and I think the location is in the best part of Wichita. If you like bars and food and lots of people, then all you have to do is walk across the street. However, inspite of being in such a busy area, the hotel itself seems relatively quiet.

The rooms are very big, especially the double queen rooms. The fitness center in adequate and has decent treadmills and equiptment. We don't normally eat there, but tried the breakfast buffet and it was good.

We did not have any problems parking and our car was not towed. The hotel gave us a card to place in the car, and all was good.

We don't go to Wichita that often, however we will continue to stay here for the time being.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DSTDiva
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Front desk clerk was rude (Amber) and the second person at the desk offer no help to resolve our situtaion either.... we stayed one night! This set a terrible tone for our evening in Old Town. Didn't matter if I was a Marriott Gold Member or not... be aware! I asked to speak with the GM (Andrew) and was told I could speak to him the next day. :(

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family