“nicest Homewood in entire chain--best option for any hotel in Wichita”

Homewood Suites by Hilton @ The Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Austin, Texas
“nicest Homewood in entire chain--best option for any hotel in Wichita”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I don't really care for Wichita KS all that well but whenever I have to go there on business, I am CERTAIN to stay at the Homewood Suites. I am a Diamond Hilton member and as such generally get upgraded to their Presidential Suite, which they say is: "aviation inspired" (I really don't see that as they have a little map in the suite but nothing really "airplane related")

This is a newer property and it shows. It is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Their manager's reception is easily the nicest of any Homewood I've stayed at throughout the country (been to at least 20 different properties). The "dinners" really are a dinner. The night I was there last week it was a "backyard bbq" theme--complete with grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs, a big spread. The breakfast is awesome as well and features freshly made waffles.

I have only TWO complaints:
1. The LCD TV's are nice and modern (especially in the living room--very large) BUT they do NOT have actual HD programming as MOST other hotels do these days. This should be addressed and would be an easy upgrade.
2. The fitness room is nice (typical Hilton Precore machines but is VERY small--having more than three people working out would be very uncomfortable.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend staying here, you won't be disappointed as it is walking distance to several restaurants (PF Changs, Wood Fish Grill, etc.) and is a terrific hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
nebraska
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Friendly from the start! We checked in and found out we were upgraded. The suite was very functional, attractive and most of all clean. The bed was comfortable as well. Breakfast buffet was included in the price. It was a little above average for included hotel breakfasts, featuring hot and cold items.

The biggest impression that it made on me was how clean everything was from the hallways, to the room, to the grounds. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a quick overnight trip through Wichita. The hotel staff quickly got us checked into our room. We walked around the area in the evening (nice). In the morning we went to the breakfast. It was very busy, but was great. Tons of food & a lot of variety.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We are traveling home from Texas to Nebraska with our two dogs. We decided to stop in Wichita, KS and stay at the Homewood Suites because of its location, rate and they allow pets for a deposit.

The hotel is very nice and in a good location. Surrounded by many restaurants (great Mexican restaurant called Abuelos) and a man made pond with a walking path around the water. Great place to walk the dogs! The hotel has a basketball court outside and a putting green. There is also an amazing breakfast in the morning.

Our room was very clean and included a kitchen, table for two (which was nice for dinner), small living room and a nice king size bed, which had a ceiling fan over the bed.
My only complaint is with noise. Our room (126) faced the hotels outdoor Gazebo. On the night we stayed at the hotel, there was a wedding reception in the Gazebo until 11:30pm. We had hoped to go to bed early from driving all day and get an early start. Unfortunately all we heard until 11:30pm was music and the DJ screaming over the microphone. We called the front desk and the desk agent informed us she was working on noise control, however the music continued until 11:30pm. I realize 11:30pm may not be late for many (normally including me) but for those that are looking for an early start and have to drive all day, it was big inconvenience. If you are staying at this hotel over the weekend, request a room that does not face the Gazebo, unfortunately this means you will not get a view of the waterfront, but it does mean you will get a good nights sleep!

Nebraska Traveler

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jafomaha
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I could not have been happier with the hotel and will stay there whenever I am in town. The rooms were wonderful and even had DVD/VHS players in each room. Honestly, if the closets were bigger, I could live there! :) Stayed 2 nights and had free dinner and breakfast there both days.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We decided to stay based on comments by other reviewers! The hotel was EXCEPTIONAL...these folks did not leave a stone unturned when creating this masterpiece!
So much to do...and DVD players in all 'room' TVs w/ free 'check-out' of DVDs...METICULOUSLY CLEAN...EXTREMELY COMFY BEDS...GORGEOUS COURTYARD VIEWS...FABULOUS BREAKFAST. We heard from other customers that the complimentary evening reception (Mon.-Thurs) is quite unbelievable as well! First time to 'stop' in Wichita...passing through on our way home (Oklahoma) from a Colorado vacation and only stayed one night (Friday), but will return to explore the Wichita area because of the wonderful experience at this hotel! We plan to return Labor Day weekend...CAN'T WAIT and will recommend to everyone!! In short, we visited with another customer who explained she lives in Wichita and stays at this hotel "just because" it is so fantastic...we can ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND WHY SHE WOULD DO SO! Thank you 'trip advisor' for the service you provide...hotel rankings/reviews...has been "right on" so far!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LuvnLife42
OK
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We didn't actually wind up staying here, but wanted other users to be aware of their 24 hour cancel policy.

We were booked here for a basketball tournament this weekend. Yesterday, my daughter started running a fever - by late afternoon, we knew she was not up to a weekend of basketball.
I tried to log on to cancel multiple times and their website was giving me an error message. The only phone number on my reservation was a long distance one and I was not in a place where I could call long distance.
Called bright and early this morning approximately 6:30 am to cancel and was told they would be charging me one night's stay, as they have a 24 hour cancellation policy.

When I pointed out that I tried to cancel the previous day and their website was down and the only number I had was long distance she agreed to help me out this ONE and only time.
So, while I really appreciate that they did help me as I have a sick child and made a good faith effort to cancel, I think I'll stick to other chains that have a cancel by 6:00 pm the day of policy.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family