“Nice Hotel, Clean Rooms, Sleepless Night”

Homewood Suites by Hilton @ The Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We are traveling home from Texas to Nebraska with our two dogs. We decided to stop in Wichita, KS and stay at the Homewood Suites because of its location, rate and they allow pets for a deposit.

The hotel is very nice and in a good location. Surrounded by many restaurants (great Mexican restaurant called Abuelos) and a man made pond with a walking path around the water. Great place to walk the dogs! The hotel has a basketball court outside and a putting green. There is also an amazing breakfast in the morning.

Our room was very clean and included a kitchen, table for two (which was nice for dinner), small living room and a nice king size bed, which had a ceiling fan over the bed.
My only complaint is with noise. Our room (126) faced the hotels outdoor Gazebo. On the night we stayed at the hotel, there was a wedding reception in the Gazebo until 11:30pm. We had hoped to go to bed early from driving all day and get an early start. Unfortunately all we heard until 11:30pm was music and the DJ screaming over the microphone. We called the front desk and the desk agent informed us she was working on noise control, however the music continued until 11:30pm. I realize 11:30pm may not be late for many (normally including me) but for those that are looking for an early start and have to drive all day, it was big inconvenience. If you are staying at this hotel over the weekend, request a room that does not face the Gazebo, unfortunately this means you will not get a view of the waterfront, but it does mean you will get a good nights sleep!

Nebraska Traveler

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jafomaha

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I could not have been happier with the hotel and will stay there whenever I am in town. The rooms were wonderful and even had DVD/VHS players in each room. Honestly, if the closets were bigger, I could live there! :) Stayed 2 nights and had free dinner and breakfast there both days.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We decided to stay based on comments by other reviewers! The hotel was EXCEPTIONAL...these folks did not leave a stone unturned when creating this masterpiece!
So much to do...and DVD players in all 'room' TVs w/ free 'check-out' of DVDs...METICULOUSLY CLEAN...EXTREMELY COMFY BEDS...GORGEOUS COURTYARD VIEWS...FABULOUS BREAKFAST. We heard from other customers that the complimentary evening reception (Mon.-Thurs) is quite unbelievable as well! First time to 'stop' in Wichita...passing through on our way home (Oklahoma) from a Colorado vacation and only stayed one night (Friday), but will return to explore the Wichita area because of the wonderful experience at this hotel! We plan to return Labor Day weekend...CAN'T WAIT and will recommend to everyone!! In short, we visited with another customer who explained she lives in Wichita and stays at this hotel "just because" it is so fantastic...we can ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND WHY SHE WOULD DO SO! Thank you 'trip advisor' for the service you provide...hotel rankings/reviews...has been "right on" so far!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LuvnLife42
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We didn't actually wind up staying here, but wanted other users to be aware of their 24 hour cancel policy.

We were booked here for a basketball tournament this weekend. Yesterday, my daughter started running a fever - by late afternoon, we knew she was not up to a weekend of basketball.
I tried to log on to cancel multiple times and their website was giving me an error message. The only phone number on my reservation was a long distance one and I was not in a place where I could call long distance.
Called bright and early this morning approximately 6:30 am to cancel and was told they would be charging me one night's stay, as they have a 24 hour cancellation policy.

When I pointed out that I tried to cancel the previous day and their website was down and the only number I had was long distance she agreed to help me out this ONE and only time.
So, while I really appreciate that they did help me as I have a sick child and made a good faith effort to cancel, I think I'll stick to other chains that have a cancel by 6:00 pm the day of policy.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank hoopsmom
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is my top choice of hotels in Wichita. I stay here whenever I can find a rate that meets my company guidelines. This hotel is in an area with many restaurant and shopping options but the rooms are so comfy that you may not want to leave! This property feels small and homey. The lobby is like a living room and the breakfast is far superior to most complimentary spreads. They also provide dinner which is fantastic after many days on the road. It is a little pricey but rooms in Wichita tend to be on the high side. I definitely recommend this to colleagues and friends who are visiting Wichita.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I come to Wichita every couple months for business, and have stayed at many of the hotels in town. I like this place a lot:
* It's a new hotel, nicely decorated.
* The rooms are big (they're suites). Even if you don't cook, it's nice to have the space.
* Location is nice. There's several restaurants nearby with talking distance. Also some nearby trails - saw a crane flying by
* Complimentary breakfast and dinner (including wine) is a nice touch, and is much more than I expected. Dinner is only one entree, but tasty.
* Little things - you can borrow a DVD or book for free
* Employees are genuinely friendly and helpful
* Free internet - wireless everywhere, wireless and wired in the rooms

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2009

What a great hotel! Front-desk staff was friendly, place looks and smells clean, rooms are tidy and comfortable, breakfast buffet is really good -- everything you could want when traveling for business (as I was) or pleasure. Only negative I can think of is the wallpaper in the bathroom. . . . . Interesting design. . . . . .

Stay here.