“Great for Date Night”

Ranked #12 of 1,082 Restaurants in Wichita
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I loved the restaurant's ambiance. My wife and I dined there at night while a jazz band played in the background. The setting could not have been better. The patio tables added to the night's memory.
The food on the other hand did not mimic the atmosphere. We had the fruit and cheese platter which was nothing more than your basic cheddar but the pate was decent. We followed our appetizer with the lamb, cream potatoes and asparagus. I was disappointed in the lamb. It was bland and covered in a glaze sauce that left you wanting more. The cream potatoes were the best part of the plate as the asparagus seemed like it was leftover from last week.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant will cost a bit more but its food and experience are well worth it. The menu offers many selections as well as chef's specials that are hard to resist.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice restaurant in Old Town. Dined here with my teenage daughter on August 31st. Strangely, it was almost completely empty at 6:00 on a Saturday night. Maybe they dine later in Kansas? But it only got a little busier while we were there.

Our waiter was incredibly attentive - almost bordering on too attentive, but not quite. Food was excellent, if a bit on the spendy side. We both had filet mignon with bearnaise sauce. De-lish. Best bearnaise I've had in a long time.

Nice ambiance. Trivia tidbit: There was a side room called "The Phyllis Diller Room" or something. I asked why, and apparently she did her first stand-up performance there! They also had an absolutely gorgeous patio that looked SO inviting... unfortunately it was 102 degrees, so weren't able to experience that little gem.

I would definitely return, if ever in Wichita again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Larkspur on my last night in Wichita after a week's business trip. It is located in old town which seems to be the location of choice in Wichita. Great menu and service! After dinner we sat out on the patio and had drinks while listening to the Jazz band. Easy location to get to and from on the Q trolley as well. Recommended.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Started with a great glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Then had a very fresh Greek Salad with anchovies. Ended with the Veal Piccatta and instead of pasta I ordered Asparagus. All was cooked perfectly. I would definitely return. We sat at the bar and had exceptional service as we watched Monday Night Football.