“Great Service, Great Food, A Nice Surprise!”

Fat Ernies Family Dining
Ranked #202 of 1,095 Restaurants in Wichita
Reviewed February 26, 2012

SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE! The entire time we were there, the servers and cooks were busy. If the servers weren't actually helping a guest, they were rolling silverware, getting things ready, wiping tables, something to keep busy. Very friendly, professional and knowledgeable.

They have a very reasonably priced Special each day. I ordered the Sunday "Queen" Prime Rib special which was cooked properly (I prefer medium rare), and a giant serving was service with mashed potatoes, very flavorful green beans, and some great pull-apart bread that was yum!

Firewolf ordered a double-cheeseburger which I worried would be too large when I saw it, and THEN I saw Ralyk's burger, the "Belly Buster", which was GIGANTIC! lol We all got a great laugh out of that.

I had never heard of Fat Ernie's, and I was very pleasantly surprised about the high level of service, quality of the food, and I liked the diner atmosphere, with all the pics of the "fat" celebrities, like Spanky from the Little Rascals and Alfred Hitchcock. :)

Prices were very reasonable, and they even have free Wi-Fi! I will definitely return.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I don't know if you can go wrong with anything at Fat Ernies! When we were first married, we lived in the neighborhood and would eat their occassionally. We have since moved to the other side of town and will make the trip South for some good comfort food. They have a different featured all you can eat meal M-F - Thursday's are our favorite with country fried steak. Slices of pie are 99 cents with the meal. Keep in mind, this is an old diner, and it shows it. But it is clean, the staff are nice and helpful.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you have a "hankerin'" for some great fried chicken and find it difficult getting enough, get to Fat Ernie's on Wednesdays for their all you can eat home style fried chicken. Besides the chicken, you get soup or salad, choice of potato and veggie. You will be hard pressed to find a better deal OR better fried chicken. My co-workers and I have enjoyed their Wednesday special numerous times and always have had a fantastic lunch.

Don't let the place fool you...it's not a fancy place by any means...but the chicken...wow!

1  Thank edlind

Been to Fat Ernies Family Dining? Share your experiences!