“OK, not great”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Quincy, Illinois
“OK, not great”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overnighting in Wichita, we checked Trip Advisor for dinner ideas. Since our area has very poor Chinese offerings, we decided to try Ming's because of all the great TA reviews. If this is the best Chinese Wichita has to offer, I feel for the fine folks in Kansas' largest city.
The dishes we had were very average, including one of the poorest hot and sour soups we've ever encountered. Our entrees were basicly flavorless. Meats and veggies were cooked OK, but the sauces were so bland they did nothing for the dishes.
Service was fast and efficient.
Ming's wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. And all the good smell outside were coming from the Popeye's Chicken next door.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank wfgjr

Clovis, New Mexico
“Almost like being in San Francisco”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native who, while growing up, went to eat in Chinatown almost every weekend. Ming's is very reminiscent of the restaurant food when we ate almost exclusively at Far East in Chinatown. I moved from California in 1992 and have only gone back for the occasional visit with a "must do" trip to Chinatown to eat. Since I've been away from Cali I have yet to find a Chinese restaurant that served food that came close to my childhood memories. I'm basing this on other Chinese restaurants that I've eaten at in New Mexico (where I live now) and on various trips to other cities. I came to Wichita to participate in the Prairie Fire Half Marathon and unexpectedly found myself spending an extra night here. I figured that since I was in a big city (I now live in a rural community where Chinese food is Americanized and mediocre) I was hoping that there would be a decent Chinese restaurant here. I searched all over the web and found reviews on Ming's that were very positive and decided to take a chance. I was not disappointed! Pork wonton soup (only thing that could have made it better, some bok choy), potstickers (not deep fried aka Japanese gyoza), Mongolian beef which comes on an old style raised serving dish that I haven't seen used since I was a kid, a complimentary yao tiew (Chinese donut) & soda all for $17.17. If I lived in Wichita this would be my go to restaurant!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank dasMaushaus
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Outstanding food..... No MSG either”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Best Chinese food in town. I was pleasantly surprised that this little place on Senca had such Great food! I was told there is no MSG in there food either

• Visited June 2012
“Generational favorite!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

My family's #1 fave for fresh Chinese and super friendly service!! We love it everytime and go often!

“good food great people”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

have been going here since I was literally in a stroller.. get the lo mein with the "old style noodles" and an "old style " egg roll.. so good.. ray, the owner, has been nothing but genuine to my family and i