“Best Mexican Restaurant in Wichita”

Cortez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #502 of 1,067 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 6, 2012

To start, I do not work at Cortez and am not related to the family. With that being said, everyone I have ever seen in the restaurant has been treated more like family than customers. You couldn't ask for more in a dining experience. Cortez restaurant buffet on Wednesdays and Saturdays is the best around. They always have lots of choices and at least one American dish on the buffet. Enrique's special is always great. They also have great steak specials on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. All of the wait staff is eager to help you and do whatever they can to make your dining experience a pleasure. We always look forward to eating there. It is our favorite mexican restaurant in town.

1  Thank DJsKreative

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Not even tex-mex, I don't know what it is. terrible food, bad service. boring dishes. beans out of a can? it sure tastes like it..

Reviewed November 11, 2011

this place was ridiculous. the food was terrible and overpriced. i've read mixed reviews so I thought I would try it but now im wondering who in the world wrote the good reviews. well now I know... people that work there! don't believe me just ask around. read the reviews, most of them begin to target weight, race, even family life. who would get that upset about someone writing a negative review over a restaurant unless they hold a personal interest in it?

1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed August 14, 2009

cortez catered my wedding of 200 people and it was such a great experience... they brought extra food ( just in case) and it was excellent.. not one person complained, it was nothing but compliments, the owners are very nice people and the food is absolutly amazing! I love everything about this place, not one item on the menu you would be unhappy with!

Reviewed January 18, 2009

Cortez is, by far, the best Mexican restaurant in the Wichita area. All of the food is fantastic, the service is great, and the beer is always ice cold. They have a nice banquet room as well that my wife and I utilized for our rehearsal dinner about six years ago. That went off smoothly and without a hitch.

All of the food is great, but I highly, HIGHLY, recommend getting some Queso diablo for an appetizer, the Entomatadas with rice and beans for the entree, and ice cold Carta Blanca on the side.

Fantastic!