“Dinner is shockingly bad and inconsistent”
Review of Legends

Legends
Ranked #505 of 1,044 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Dinner is shockingly bad and inconsistent”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I ate here over 12 times during my week at Doubletree.

Breakfast great, lunch buffet fantastic, dinner.... shocking. I can't quite work out why, but their dinner chef must be different to the rest because they really have no idea. The only good thing at dinner was steaks (very nice). Everything else was almost inedible.

I had the sea bass with olives and feta and it was inedible. The fish was frozen in the middle, and the flavour was disgusting. I got sick that night, and I think it must have been the fish. I only ate half of it.

Also had the ribs - they were nice and hot on the outside, and raw in the middle. Same thing - I could only eat half my meal because it was raw!

Also ate a few burgers, and other dishes, and they were just really lacking. The steak sandwich comes as a slab of steak on garlic bread (I mean, who does that?) with no sauce. Hmmmm. Weird.

So all in all I enjoyed breakfast and lunch, but dinner was terrible. I cannot recommend this place unless you happen to be staying in the hotel.

Service was haphazard too - some great staff (Keith and Sabrina at the bar), but some other staff indifferent. Given the wrong bill (i.e. bill for another table) three times in my week stay.

• Visited June 2012

Big Rapids, Michigan
“nice place”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Ate here while staying at the Doubletree so it was convenient. There were five in our party. We'd asked at the Legends desk upon check in if reservations were needed and the girl said "no". When we went to eat they asked if we had a reservation (this was a Saturday night when they have their seafood buffet). They seemed perplexed when we said we'd been told we didn't need one but seated us promptly. Service was fine. Everyone seemed to like their food. I had the Shrimp trio and my only complaint was that it was almost impossible to get the shrimp to slide off the wood skewer. I had to actually grab the shrimp with my hand and tug. Other than that the meal was fine.

• Visited June 2012
Winfield, KS
“A Buffet for Every Taste”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have been to several of the buffets at Legends. Each weekday there is a hot lunch buffet. Friday night is all-you-can-eat prime rib and Saturday brings a seafood feast. Sunday noon features a champagne brunch. I have always enjoyed a great selection of entrees and good service.

Visited October 2011
Rhode Island
“We never had to leave the hotel property for dinner”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The food is very good and the staff helpful and freindly. There are nightly specials that are resonably priced, as well as a large regular menu. Legends is located in the Doubletree at the airport (formally a Hilton), we were staying there on business and never had to leave the hotle to get somehting to eat. A real plus!

Visited May 2012
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Values Profit over personal relationships and customer care”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have been going here for 8 months for Sunday brunch until Easter Sunday. They refused to sit me at a table because I did not have a reservation. The new manager stated it would be different if I was in a party of 2 not a party of 1. I got there at 1045 AM. Most tables were not reserved until after 12. And they would still not sit me at one of those tables. This place now values money and profit over personal relationships and customers. Do not contribute your money to this place.

Visited April 2012

Been to Legends? Share your experiences!