“Awesome”

Ranked #301 of 1,053 Restaurants in Wichita
St john, ks
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent vegan food. The pizza and salad were delicious! I could eat there every day. My husband is not vegan and loved the spaghetti. Parking is bad, but park on 2nd in the meters and they'll pay for it. I wish I could eat here everyday!!

Wichita, Kansas
“Great tasting healthy food!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is one of the best vegan restaurants anywhere in the country. The only downside is parking. However, your best bet is park on 2nd street and the restaurant will reimburse you. This is my favorite choice for lunch. Go now!

• Visited January 2014
McPherson, Kansas
“Unique Flavors”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I must confess that this was my first experience with vegan cuisine, and I was pleasantly surprised. The chef here creates some amazing flavors that must be tasted to be believed! I was very impressed by his skill. That was diminished somewhat by their problems with ingredient availability. On two dishes which I ordered, I was informed that that had neither portobello mushrooms nor kalamata olives. (I'm guessing that any vegan restaurant should be well-stocked with those.) The atmosphere was unique and enjoyable, though I wouldn't describe it as "romantic". The service was somewhat tentative, but not bad. The chef stopped by our table, and we enjoyed visiting with him. I'll definitely be back sometime!

• Visited September 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“So Many Vegan Choices!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Finding a restaurant where, as a vegan, I can order ANYTHING from the menu is always fun. The Garden Grill was that and so much more. The variety of menu choices ranged from simple burgers to gourmet foods. My travel partner ordered a burger which came with fun, delicious potato wedges. I opted for the daily special and was dazzled by what I received. We enjoyed the experience so much we planned the return part of our trip so we could stop at this restaurant again. The ambiance was delightful as this restaurant is nestled in a historic hotel building (now converted offices). The design was creative, colorful, and reminded me of being in New Orleans. Discovered the space used to be the stables way back in the early history... and yet created a very delightful dining experience. And if you get the chance to enjoy a Sunday buffet at the Garden Grill... take it! Fabulous, plentiful food that delighted the palate. My new "favorite" restaurant in Kansas for sure. The only negative with this restaurant is they don't have their own parking directly next to their location. Rather you need to park either on the street or in the parking lot behind the restaurant (across the alley). But finding parking is so worth the food. Stop by. Enjoy amazing gourmet vegan food in a fun atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“A gem of a cafe located in Wichita, KS.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First off, the Garden Grill Cafe is located in a very unique building in Wichita, the Occidental Plaza, which was built in 1873-1874. This gives the building great character and the Garden Grill Cafe receives some of that same great character. Once you step inside you notice the open floor plan. The cafe is set inside a foyer. Chef Miguel Larcher, who has studied and trainied in France, has created a outstanding menu for vegan food in Wichita. Before you stop reading this because I used the word vegan, take a look at the attached menu. How can you not like a sandwich made with Grilled portabella, lettuce, tomato, with scallion dressing and fresh basil oil on Focaccia bread? How about a pizza made with Fresh spinach, roma tomato, red onion, kalamata olive, fresh basil, and house veg cheese? The food Chef Larcher and his staff create has to be the best food I have tested in many year vegan or not. Try the sunday brunch. You can find Chef Larcher's facebook page and see what are the specials and menu's for Sunday brunch. Take some time out of your busy day and try the Garden Grill Cafe.

• Visited February 2013