“Great Place to Dine”

Doo-Dah Diner
Ranked #8 of 1,095 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Locally owned & operated by Chef Patrick & Timirie Shibley. Offering over the top gourmet style twists to diner classics, and then some. All fresh ingredients, and made from scratch. It's suggested to utilize their "Call Ahead Seating" for weekends, as the wait is usually at about an hour on weekends. Opened September 2012. Winner of "Best Breakfast" by Wichita Magazine in January 2015-2018, Wichita Eagle Readers Choice Award 2016 - 2018 Best Breakfast. Sunday is Brunch Buffet only, no regular menu service. Call Ahead seating does not guarantee your seats will be waiting at your requested time, but it certainly reduces your wait time. Comfortable waiting area with video/pinball games. No kid menu or crayons available.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The food is very good here and I love all of the unique items on the menu. I went with my boyfriend and it was the first time for both of us. It's very close to his job and he's been going there for lunch since he tried it. One of my favorite breakfast and brunch restaurants.

3  Thank Theresa G

Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a small diner. While not fancy, its menu is very large with unique as well as traditional breakfast and lunch offerings. Its décor is not fancy, but you won't care when you get your food. It does not take reservations and you should expect a wait because it always seems busy. This is a mark of a restaurant you want to use. If you go for breakfast, go early so you can get the complimentary monkey bread while it is available.

1  Thank golfer_diner
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This isn't fine dining, but it is a pretty great diner with some creative enhancements of traditional diner food, and my rating is in the context of this being a diner. I've eaten here for Sunday brunch. So, bacon is pretty common, but Doo-Dah offers jalapeno bacon, nice & crispy with a nice level of jalapeno heat. I tried their Crabcake Beny, a decadent variation of an eggs benedict, starting with a base of crispy hashbrowns, topped with an English muffin, topped with real crabcakes, then nicely poached eggs and a Hollandaise, with about a dozen small to medium stalks of asparagus lying between the two muffins. I normally use a lot of pepper to season food (almost never salt, though), and these were seasoned so nicely that I kept my hands off the pepper shaker. My wife had corned beef hash, which used larger chunks of the corned beef rather than the tiny diced pieces typically used other places. My wife also loved the home-made tater tots! Brunch also included a complimentary small bowl of cinnamon (monkey) bread. This place can be packed, and it can be a bit noisy, but the servers and grill cooks were working at breakneck speed, and still managed to be friendly & welcoming while checking on refills for our drinks a couple of times. Doo-Dah has al lot of other enticing diner specialties to pick from, such as chicken on waffles or even quiche. This isn't a low-cost diner, particularly, but for the extra touches on the menu items, the friendly service, and the generous portions, it's a pretty good value. I know I'll be going back!

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went to the Doo-Dah Diner yesterday morning for the first time for breakfast. They have all the usual breakfast items, but with a twist. For example, they offer pancakes with vanilla maple syrup and jalapeno bacon to name a couple of things. I had some pancakes, and they were delicious. My husband had the banana bread french toast, which he thought was over-sweet. Our friend had an omelette and really good homemade biscuit. So, two out of three were pretty good. One down side, besides my husband not liking the french toast, was that it was really expensive for breakfast. For our table of three, it was nearly $40. The other down side was that the coffee was pretty weak and we had to ask for refills. The servers were really friendly, and since I liked what I ordered, I would give it another try, but probably only for a birthday breakfast or some other special occasion. They did seat us very quickly and the food came out pretty fast considering how crowded it was.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Just a different,home style breakfast. Great atmosphere, super friendly staff! Loved sitting up at the bar stool area.

2  Thank Lisa P