“GREAT LUNCH & CLEAN”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: BJ's Restaurant and Restaurant in Wichita, KS
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Lunch menu was short and sufficient, however the regular menu was literally a book which spells trouble in a restaurant. For a group of 13 we all stayed on the lunch menu and we were out In an hour. The two wait staff handled us efficiently and politely and we were all pleased with our food. Restrooms were clean.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food was great, beer was flat. Told a waitress that the beer was flat when she walked by. Assumed that I wouldnt be charged for the beer since the first beer was awful. I was charged for the other beer so not sure. I will ever return.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We, my wife and I, ate lunch here during the week. We arrived just before noon and were seated immediately, the place started to quickly fill up with the noon hour crowd. The menu was interesting with all the usual selections and some unusual offerings as well. The service was good as was the food. Nice decor and atmosphere, it was clean and enjoyable. It was our first visit and I will more than likely try it again the next time I travel to Wichita.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on TA, it seems that there are several iterations of this restaurant. Fortunately, we had a very good experience. We went with a very large group (41) and were able to grab tables outside.

I am not a big fan of chain breweries and their beer proved my point rather quickly. However, they also have an amazing selection of beers on tap that have nothing to do with BJ’s Brewhouse. For example, Green Flash was well represented (2 drafts); Tall Grass (3 taps); and O’Dell (Ft Collins) – all were on tap. So to say that “the beer” was horrible seems like a gross exaggeration since there were nearly 30 taps to choose from. The food, while attempting many things, largely winds up being slightly above average. Salads were good and the pizza is something that I would have again. The “margherita fresca” flat bread pizza was very good; and the Mediterranean pizza was almost great if it hadn’t been for an overpowering helping of pepperoncini (as a lover of spicy food, it wasn’t the spice, it was the briny taste that overwhelmed the rest of the pizza). Steaks were “average”. The service was remarkably good given the size of our group and to the best of my knowledge, the checks were accurate and they had no problem splitting them based upon families. Overall, this place isn’t perfect, but that is ok. The menu is massive and the house brews are only ok – but if you choose wisely, this is a good place for families and groups. We will certainly be back.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Really disappointing.
Poor service - we actually moved from our table to the bar because we waited so long for a waiter.
Food was below average - open face chilli burger was basically mushy and tasteless
I would not recommend this place