“Great zoo”

Sedgwick County Zoo
Ranked #1 of 78 things to do in Wichita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: To inspire discovery, appreciation, and respect for animals and nature.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the zoo, despite the cold temps the day we visited. Quite a few great animals -- our favorites were the gorillas, orangutans, otters and wolves -- but many were away for the winter. We really enjoyed the feeding of the animals and were able to attend many of them. Were disappointed that the giraffe feeding was not happening (presumably due to the weather) because we had heard it was fun. The jungle was small but had an impressive amount of birds. We were disappointed with the penguin area; had looked forward to it but it was rather small and the birds were all indoors and there was no indoor viewing area. We go to a lot of zoos and this was a good one -- not too big to enjoy in a small period of time but a good variety of animals and good educational information.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Located in northwest Wichita, just off of I-235 and Zoo Blvd/21st st. Not to far from I-135, US 96 and 54 Hwys, makes this an Ez stop for all travelers. Great for half a day and all day trips, something for everybody.
Parking Lot is large, however parking gets congested fast. They offer Bus, RV and Motorcycle parking spaces. Check their website for upcoming events.
Enjoy

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited Kansas for the first time this past January to see my boyfriend who's stationed at McConnell AFB. We went to the zoo because, it being January, there wasn't much to see. I was very impressed that the zoo was open and how many animals were out! The giraffes were my favorite, and I have always wanted to feed them, so I fed one a stick (it was already eating them off the ground anyways) and a lady drove by on a golf cart and yelled at me! She told me I could only feed the giraffes from some feeding porch where no giraffes were over by. Other than that, there were so many animals to see and I had a great time at the zoo with my boyfriend. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Iv been to the Witchita zoo more times then i can count. Have more memorys there then anywhere ..next to my home town.. I love the Monkey house its always been my fav :)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great zoo. I didn't realize how fantastic it was until I grew up, moved away, and went to a few zoos in much larger cities, only to realize what a good thing we had going here. Best to see in the fall and spring - animals tend to hide away in the winter cold and in the summer heat.

Thank R. D