“Service is above and beyond”

Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
“Service is above and beyond”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed one night with a group of colleagues. I then went across town to a conference. I lost my watch and was certain that I had left it at the hotel. They checked everywhere and even let me search the room and EVEN. Flipped up the mattresses to look under, totally messing up all the work they did cleaning the room. I felt horrible when it turned out the watch was in a suitcase. What amazing staff! I cannot say thank you enough for the patience and care they showed!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cake17
gm473, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying at Kansas' newest and only Wyndham Garden Hotel. We are very excited about the new things coming in 2014. We were glad to help in locating your watch. We strive to go above and beyond with each guest. Our entire staff look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Best hotel stay I have had in a long time! About 20 minutes after checking in we received a call from the front desk. They called to make sure we had everything we needed and they were available to help us with anything. Staff is very professional, hotel was clean, rooms were very nice well worth the money!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We like to treat our guests like they are family. A courtesy call is always done to see if there is anything else we can do for you. We look forward to you staying with us in 2014 and hope that you enjoy all updates that are coming. Our rooms are being refreshed from furniture all the way to the paint.
Larned, Kansas
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had taken my necklace off before showering in the morning and after leaving an hour later noticed I had forgotten to grab it so I called the hotel and it "wasn't there". I was very disappointed in the dishonesty. Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Kansas City
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Came for a business trip for five days. When I travel for work, I tend to take a few things for granted. First, the internet should be working. I don't even mind paying for it if I have to (they don't charge for it here) but it was down 4/5 of the days I was here. That's not anyone's fault - the router was malfunctioning, but it was a huge inconvenience for me. The people at the front desk are very nice and tried their best to help. I also didn't like that in the middle of my stay the hotel changed from being a 'holiday inn' to a 'wyndham'. I'm big on collecting miles and points and thought I was earning some solid holiday inn points only to learn that I was earning nothing (I found this out after repeat questioning even though I was initially told they did put my HI number in). There aren't any real close late night restaurants (other than a Wendys) so it's not the most convenient location. The water pressure from the shower head is insane and made for some bad hair days and flexible showering.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Our company had a quarterly business meeting on Nov. 13th at the Holiday Inn Wichita Downtown with our largest supplier. This location was chosen because we have had great experiences there in the past. The hotel is very clean, centrally located in Wichita (and Kansas) and the staff are remarkable.
We starting our meeting with breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was outstanding. And the service was even better. Our meeting room was setup perfectly (projector and screen for our presentations, the tables were arranged in a way to promote the most participation by everyone and there was plenty of refreshment for everyone). The meeting was a huge success and the folks at the hotel were a key component in making this happen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2013

On a recent business trip to Wichita I stayed at this location. It's proximity to the downtown area is great, but with the major highway just outside, it was too noisy for me. I was on the top floor and thought that would help, but I could hear the trafiic all night. On top of that the noise from the A/C unit did not make for the best nights sleep.

The bar was adequet but small, and the bar staff was not the friendliest.

In a pinch, it will do, but there are better places in Wichita.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mw368
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear mw368,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a relative make an emergency stay at a nearby hospital.....hotel was very clean,service at bar- grill was great and food was very good.would stay here again if the need ever happened again.the person working the bar- grill went above and beyond her job by doing everything by herself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family