Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast was amazingroom was cleanhotel restaurantoff the highwayfree breakfastking suiteshuttle servicewould stay here againvery nice staygreat customer servicestaff was friendlyarenadeskconferenceclerkkscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at a bunch of places in Wichita for several years but simply put, this location gives the most bang for your buck than ever expected with a staff that makes the difference. Very friendly front desk help, rooms are immaculate but they have an uncommon bar setup that I haven't seen at dozens of other HIEpxress. Quaint steakhouse/sportsbar/lounge setup with a manager/bartender (Marsha) that really makes your feel like you are at your favorite neighborhood spot. After a long day, she really goes out of her way to give you no reason to leave the property for food or drinks. Sit at the bar and you will feel like your at Cheers! Good conversation... good food... and Marsha... Marsha... Marhsa! Real report here... NO BS. Predictable, reliable. Solid experience always. Book ahead because possible convention traffic will screw you from staying here. Snooze you lose and you will wind up in a Super 'type' dump by the airport.

Room Tip: Dead quiet elevators. Rooms on the south ARE quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were in Wichita for a Bsktball tournament. We called our hotel at 11:30 am the day of check in, they told us we could check in at noon. So we took our time went to lunch, did some shopping and called to make sure before heading there for check in. Then we we were told 3pm, normal check in. So when we arrived at 3:10 to check in, the lobby was full of people waiting, they had been waiting over an hour, our room was still not ready. We waited another 45minutes till it was. We had a 2 room King sweet. Mind you it's 107 degrees outside, AC works in one room but not the other. Room has no bedding for pull out sofa which was going to be needed, on of the 2 elevators breaks that day, no fans to help with heat in room. 10 pm that night they have another room for us with working AC. SO at 10:30 pm same day as check in we move rooms down the hall, same floor, smaller room. Fridge doesn't work, sink is stopped up. But hey AC works. Now there was a group of staying and everyone had several issues. AC not working or quit working in the middle of the night. Wake up calls that were requested didn't happen, no pool towels...the list goes on. The answer when you call the front desk, I am the only one here and I am to busy to come to do that right now. WOW! No manager on duty or accessible, the only thing offered is a free breakfast in their restaurant. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a motel/hotel in years. The only person who did her job well and was very pleasant was our waitress at breakfast! The hotel is understaffed and unprepared for a summer holiday weekend with all rooms booked! I and about 8 other families will never ever stay here again and do not recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: anywhere but here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beth W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Beth W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased that you mentioned our waitress. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments about the Air Conditioner has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary actions. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here one night after getting off the highway, and was pretty pleased with it. The front desk staff were very friendly, and were helpful as well - the lady helping me suggested some things that I could do in the area, and another of the desk workers bogged a fellow guest down in paperwork when that guest started harassing me so I could make an easy exit from the lobby.

There is no breakfast served, which was a bit disappointing, as none of the other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed in over the past year have failed to provide that service. Getting luggage into one's room if one has to use the luggage trolley is a bit of a hassle, as the rooms are set back in pairs of two from the main hallways - you have to go down a short, narrow hallway off of the main hallway to get to your room, and the space isn't large enough for the trolleys.

But I was perfectly happy with my stay - quiet, the air conditioning was in good order, the staff, as I said, was friendly and helpful. I would've rated it higher had it had breakfast; unfortunately, a lack of that just serves to knock it down to merely average.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Damariscotta,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I am pleased you found our staff service commendable.

We are a full service hotel and Holiday Inn hotels do not provide complimentary breakfast but we do have a full service restaurant on site, a relaxing lounge and provide daily room service for your convenience.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Kansas.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I traveled in from New Jersey to Wichita to visit family, and wanted a place to stay that was central to many major roads and attractions to make things easy. This Holiday Inn jumped out at us for it's rather large suites. We stayed there for 5 nights, and made use of a number of amenities the hotel offered (outdoor pool, jacuzzi, laundry, etc.). We were very happy with the suite's size, comfort, and cleanliness. Way to go, Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: The suites have two full bathrooms and the sleeping quarters are partitioned with a door, allowing dual climate (AC) control.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The recent stay was comfortable. The hotel assisted our group in every way. We arrived a bit earlier than the hotel check-in time, but the staff worked really hard to help us get into our rooms prior to check-in. The rooms were comfortable. Breakfast was good, we apprecitaed the kids eat free option. Overall the hotel provided what we needed for our stay in Wichita for a youth basketball tournament.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family