“Becky and Todd were fantastic!”

Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Lawrence, Kansas
“Becky and Todd were fantastic!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We had a very clean room-bed was very comfortable and also most importantly great staff throughout the hotel. We were going to a concert and was shuttled to the event. That was such a wonderful and unexpected benefit of our stay. The next morning we went to breakfast in the hotel. It was the best breakfast I have had in quite a while. The cook was named Todd- I found out because I wanted to give my compliments to the chef. Everything was perfectly cooked! Our waitress was there by herself and she did a fantastic job keeping up with everything. She was very friendly and obviously a VERY hard worker! I would ask for Becky again upon my return. Thanks for making our weekend getaway so wonderful!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
gm473, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was at our facility. We work very hard to make sure that every guest enjoys our facitliy. I am glad you had an opportunity to have breakfast after your concert with Becky and Todd. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Wichita.

Amanda Bryant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was a little iffy after reading a few of the reviews but I don't know if those folks had a bad day or what. The room I was in, a king, was just fine. it even had a couch that I didn't ask for. The lobby and lounge were very inviting. Marsha at the bar was great.

My room was clean, the hotel had a fitness room that looked large, didn't use it, a pool and hot tub outside, didn't use it, but it looked ok. Flat panel TV, Fridge and Micro.

The vanity was outside the bath and that's somehting that I like as I can brush by teeth without looking at the toilet. My wife can be in the shower and I can shave at the same time so I liked it. When in the bath it does seem a little small but that's because the vanity is outside.

Very clean, very nice. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kin bed!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and how your recent stay was. I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy time in the lounge and Marsha took great care of your needs. I do hope you consider us for your next stay in Wichita.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The Holiday Inn Downtown Wichita is in a rather sorry state. While certainly serviceable and located in a convenient pat of central Wichita, the age of the hotel–and the dated interiors–are embarrassingly obvious. The refurbishment of the Holiday Inn properties in the U.S. and around the world over the past couple of years must have missed this property by.

The carpets are stained and strained, and the rooms are the smallest I’ve seen among U.S. hotels. The door, when opened, misses the edge of the bed by mere inches. And this is in Kansas, where there is a surfeit of land. Even the Holiday Inn Los Angeles Airport feature larger rooms.

The air-conditioning unit works in fits, and does a rather poor job of cooling the miniscule room. Even the toiletries, featuring a coconut-lime-verbena concoction from Bath & Body Works smell a little too much like a pina colada mixed by an over-enthusiastic bartender.

That aside, there were some obvious repairs that need to be done, such as the towel bar that is falling off the wall. The choice to locate the electric breakers in the bathroom of all places was also a most curious choice, not to mention unsightly and potentially a fire hazard.

The sorry state of affairs at the Holiday Inn Downtown Wichita is a real pity, for I’ve had pleasant experiences at other Holiday Inn properties such as at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, Holiday Inn Columbus-Hillard, and the Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport in recent years.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our facility. I am sorry to see that there were so many issues with your room while you were here. We have been working and updating items throughout the hotel and do hope that you would consider giving us a try again on one of your future stays in Wichita. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 25, 2011

we had a one nite stay on the weekend. We called for directions and the staff were very courteous and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised by the newly updated hotel. Had a drink in the lounge which has friendly staff and pleasant environment. Our room was super clean and quiet even though the hotel was sold out. I cant say enough about how nice the hotel looked. Free parking, within walking distance to the arena and fast food. Didnt eat at the hotel. Nicer restaurants with close drive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves while here and hope you got to enjoy the arena and the dining Wichita has to offer. We do look forward to you staying with us again for any next time you are in town.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is a pretty decent little Holiday Inn. Friendly folks and clean. The location is not the prettiest or quietest, but it is just on the outskirts of downtown. Just a short walk to the Old Town area. The regular rooms are a bit small, but perfectly suitable for a solo traveler. I haven't tried one of the suites.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Any time we go to Wichita we stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown. The location is great for us and they always treat us well. The rooms are the small-average HI size and kept very clean. The staff is GREAT! They are quick to bring items you need to the room (I seem to forget something silly every trip) and always greet us with a smile.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to see that you enjoy yourself everytime you stay with us as I do enjoy having our guests return time and time again. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Wichita.

Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here one night while on a minor league baseball tour with kids and brother in law. This hotel is showing its age - cracks where the ceiling meets the wall are the biggest signs. Everything was clean and in good working order. Had a suite and it was spacious enough. Didn't eat in the restaurant - too late for dinner and wanted local diner for breakfast - found Riverside Cafe a couple of miles or so northwest. The outdoor pool was decent sized and refreshing after being at the baseball game only a mile or less away.

If you are needing an affordable place downtown for a night or two, this should do the trick, but I'm guessing there are other options around. It served our purpose for one night being very close to the baseball stadium. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. It was nice to see that you were able to enjoy our services and staff. We do also some some updates coming soon on our rooms and I think you well enjoy the feel when it is completed. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your visit was and I do hope that you will choose us for your next visit to Wichita.