“Above and beyond customer service”

Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Above and beyond customer service”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

When checking in, "Ayla" asked me if I was a member of the priority club, or if I would like to join. Being in the military and doing quite a bit of traveling, I was sure I was, but hadn't used it in a long time so I didn't remember. Ayla, told me that she would try to find me in the system, and while eating dinner in the lounge an hour later, she found me, asked me several questions as to where else I had been stationed, and after another thirty minutes, found me in the system, filled out another card for me, let me know that I had enough points for a free nights stay, and thanked me for staying at the Holiday Inn. Great Job! I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The Flight Deck Restaurant food and service was excellant. Traves prepared perfect Rib Eye Steaks and we were served by Renee who was delightful and later served us again at the bar. Thanks again Renee.

For breakfast Todd cooked a wonderful meal and our Grand Kids got to eat free, and the service provided by Becky and Emily was excellant.

We look foreward to staying here again in the future.

Steve & Janean Mills from Kansas City, MO

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you for your review I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the restaurant to such great care of you and we are looking forward to seeing you again for your next trip to Wichita.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I travel to the Wichita area at least once a month and I always stay at the Hoilday Inn, Wichita. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the service is excellent. In addition, the hotel restaurant has very good food at a reasonable price along with an attentive staff that includes Becky & Emily. The hotel bar, which is ran by Marcia, provides a relaxing atmosphere and has a wide variety of beer, wines and mixed drinks to choose from. It is definitely my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. I do appreciate you letting us know how your recent stay was. It is nice to see that the restaurant had taken such good care of you while you were here as well as Marsha always taking the time to make sure we have a great variety of options for everyone. I hope that on your next trip into Wichita you are able to stay with us again.

Wichita, Kansas, USA
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Have been staying quite a bit and have booked through September. Look forward to breakfast every morning with Becky and Emily as they are extremely pleasant and eager to make sure I enjoy my breakfast. It's great that they remember what I like. They greet everyone with a smile every day.

Room Tip: Like your room? Request it for next visit.
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stay at this hotel every month because it has the things I look for in a hotel, ie:exercise room, fridge, and a restaurant that if I dont want to leave I can eat there. I can say that I eat breakfast everytime I stay and Becky from the restaurant is always great! Great service and great personality! But anytime I have had other issues like broken heater or left something I dont get the same service from the management.

Room Tip: be a priority club member
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed May 26, 2011

room was excellent, clean and comfortable;staff was courteous and helpful; free parking

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our facilities and the staff while being here for your grandson's graduation. I do hope that if there are any future family events in Wichita you will choose to stay with us again.

Chanute, Kansas
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Booked my room through an on-line booking service and paid for the room in advance. I have used this on-line service frequently and have never had an issue with them.

The hotel also decided to charge my credit card for the prepaid room even though they indicated that they needed it for any incidentals I may purchase. Tried to work with the hotel manager and she was extremely rude. Did not even offer to help resolve the issue between the Hotel and the on-line booking company.

I'll never book a motel there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
I was displeased to read your review as customer service is what my focus is on. I would have liked to had to opportunity to help resolve your billing issue as I do hope that it did get resolved you as well. I do hope that you would give a second chance so I can show you what a great experience you can have here. If there is any further assistance needed with any billing issues please feel free to contact me at anytime.