“Much more than expected for the price!”
Review of Scotsman Inn West

Scotsman Inn West
Scotsman Inn West
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at the Scotsman and was very impressed with the room we received for the price. For around $65, we had a two-bed room with a window and a mini fridge. Everything was very clean and the air conditioner worked wonderful. I really expected less for the price and was very satisfied with what we received. I forgot some items and the manager was kind enough to mail them home to Missouri for me right away. I would definitely have paid more for the quality and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our first and last experience in this hotel. It was more like a run down motel. The worse we ever seen. When we entered the room it was muggy and stunk like dog pee. The carpet had stains all over it. The air conditioning unit stunk too like mold and was noisy it never got very cool in the room we both woke up with problems breathing and a bad headache. I was surprise that a hotel this bad isn't closed down. We stayed here because 20 years ago I stayed at the Scottsman inn on the east side of town, but that one was very nice. I thought the west side location would be nice too. We were going to leave and find and different hotel but most were full due to all the events going on and it was late so we decided to use air freshener and tough in out.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chbella2010
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Has to be the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The bedding didn't look clean. Stains on the walls. The drain in the shower had alot of gunk build-up. The room stunk 10x worse than an ashtray. Even the tv channel selection was poor, some had poor reception/clarity. I almost slept in my vehicle. I am glad I didn't take my family with me, I would have had to change motels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's not that it is bad, it just isn't good. Best part is it is Family run, worst part is, should have had more children. Cigarette burns in the blankets and comforter. Bathroom door doesn't open all the way because the toilet is in the way and there is no fan in the bathroom. A/C worked mildly at best. Fine if you are a smoker, but taking the smoking sign down does not make it a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Please do not take my title to be completely negative against the Scotsman Inn- I found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable and well-located; this and the 45$ price makes it a good value for those economically-challenged. But my boyfriend and others more used to Marriott-type properties with more amenities will be a bit disappointed. The rooms were dark, vaguely resembling a dorm room. The 'breakfast' was barely there, consisting of small pastries in cellophane, and coffee. The staff seemed polite, but the plexiglass division where you checked in was intimidating and reminded me of stores where robbery is a daily reality. There was a slightly scary vibe to some of the 'clientele' outside smoking, but we did not have any problems with people or crime while there. My boyfriend wanted to move to another accomodation once he saw the clientele and the room, but unfortunately there was not much else in our price range as well rated ( by Trip Advisor and other internet sites) as the Scotsman Inn. Based on my experience, the place is good for a two/three night stay, especially if you are low on funds. But do not expect to be treated like royalty, or to have a romantic experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The sign said to call regarding low weekly rates. There is a washer/dryer for guests.

It was safe.

We received a room that was "garden level"--partially below ground. It was a little dark.

The decor was outdated.

It is a budget location. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I've stayed here several times and it is always clean and quiet. The staff is very nice and helpful and it's a good location. Last year I stayed at a hotel in Wichita that cost twice as much and was up all night due to the noise.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo