See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our first and last experience in this hotel. It was more like a run down motel. The worse we ever seen. When we entered the room it was muggy and stunk like dog pee. The carpet had stains all over it. The air conditioning unit stunk too like mold and was noisy it never got very cool in the room we both woke up with problems breathing and a bad headache. I was surprise that a hotel this bad isn't closed down. We stayed here because 20 years ago I stayed at the Scottsman inn on the east side of town, but that one was very nice. I thought the west side location would be nice too. We were going to leave and find and different hotel but most were full due to all the events going on and it was late so we decided to use air freshener and tough in out.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank chbella2010
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Has to be the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The bedding didn't look clean. Stains on the walls. The drain in the shower had alot of gunk build-up. The room stunk 10x worse than an ashtray. Even the tv channel selection was poor, some had poor reception/clarity. I almost slept in my vehicle. I am glad I didn't take my family with me, I would have had to change motels.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's not that it is bad, it just isn't good. Best part is it is Family run, worst part is, should have had more children. Cigarette burns in the blankets and comforter. Bathroom door doesn't open all the way because the toilet is in the way and there is no fan in the bathroom. A/C worked mildly at best. Fine if you are a smoker, but taking the smoking sign down does not make it a non-smoking room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Please do not take my title to be completely negative against the Scotsman Inn- I found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable and well-located; this and the 45$ price makes it a good value for those economically-challenged. But my boyfriend and others more used to Marriott-type properties with more amenities will be a bit disappointed. The rooms were dark, vaguely resembling a dorm room. The 'breakfast' was barely there, consisting of small pastries in cellophane, and coffee. The staff seemed polite, but the plexiglass division where you checked in was intimidating and reminded me of stores where robbery is a daily reality. There was a slightly scary vibe to some of the 'clientele' outside smoking, but we did not have any problems with people or crime while there. My boyfriend wanted to move to another accomodation once he saw the clientele and the room, but unfortunately there was not much else in our price range as well rated ( by Trip Advisor and other internet sites) as the Scotsman Inn. Based on my experience, the place is good for a two/three night stay, especially if you are low on funds. But do not expect to be treated like royalty, or to have a romantic experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The sign said to call regarding low weekly rates. There is a washer/dryer for guests.

It was safe.

We received a room that was "garden level"--partially below ground. It was a little dark.

The decor was outdated.

It is a budget location. You get what you pay for.

• Trip type: Traveled with family