“It was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had.” 1 of 5 stars

Scotsman Inn West
Scotsman Inn West
Ranked #68 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Enid, Oklahoma
“It was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We get to our room and it is hot. We turn on the air conditioner and it only blows warm air. We call the front desk and they send someone up to "fix" the thing, he pulls the cover off pushes a button and says it is fixed. We decide to give it time to cool down the room before we call again. In the mean time I go to get a cup to pour me a glass of pop only to have an opened condom wrapper fall out when I pulled out the plastic covering to open it. My fiance calls the front desk to complain only to be told that they will refund our money so that we can move to another motel. We explain that that is not an option as we did not drive we rode with friends. I get on the phone and ask if we are being kicked out of the hotel and she restates our option and then adds "if it upsets me that much". We also explain that their maintenance person did not fix our air conditioner and that we would stay only because we had no other option. We go to the event that we came for get back to our room and it is just as hot as when we left it. I feel that all that these people cared about was our money and not our satisfaction. We go to Wichita quite often and will never stay in this hotel again. And after telling our friends about what happened they said neither will they.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at the Scotsman and was very impressed with the room we received for the price. For around $65, we had a two-bed room with a window and a mini fridge. Everything was very clean and the air conditioner worked wonderful. I really expected less for the price and was very satisfied with what we received. I forgot some items and the manager was kind enough to mail them home to Missouri for me right away. I would definitely have paid more for the quality and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Bella Vista, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our first and last experience in this hotel. It was more like a run down motel. The worse we ever seen. When we entered the room it was muggy and stunk like dog pee. The carpet had stains all over it. The air conditioning unit stunk too like mold and was noisy it never got very cool in the room we both woke up with problems breathing and a bad headache. I was surprise that a hotel this bad isn't closed down. We stayed here because 20 years ago I stayed at the Scottsman inn on the east side of town, but that one was very nice. I thought the west side location would be nice too. We were going to leave and find and different hotel but most were full due to all the events going on and it was late so we decided to use air freshener and tough in out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chbella2010
Garden City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Has to be the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The bedding didn't look clean. Stains on the walls. The drain in the shower had alot of gunk build-up. The room stunk 10x worse than an ashtray. Even the tv channel selection was poor, some had poor reception/clarity. I almost slept in my vehicle. I am glad I didn't take my family with me, I would have had to change motels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Whidbey Island, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's not that it is bad, it just isn't good. Best part is it is Family run, worst part is, should have had more children. Cigarette burns in the blankets and comforter. Bathroom door doesn't open all the way because the toilet is in the way and there is no fan in the bathroom. A/C worked mildly at best. Fine if you are a smoker, but taking the smoking sign down does not make it a non-smoking room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Please do not take my title to be completely negative against the Scotsman Inn- I found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable and well-located; this and the 45$ price makes it a good value for those economically-challenged. But my boyfriend and others more used to Marriott-type properties with more amenities will be a bit disappointed. The rooms were dark, vaguely resembling a dorm room. The 'breakfast' was barely there, consisting of small pastries in cellophane, and coffee. The staff seemed polite, but the plexiglass division where you checked in was intimidating and reminded me of stores where robbery is a daily reality. There was a slightly scary vibe to some of the 'clientele' outside smoking, but we did not have any problems with people or crime while there. My boyfriend wanted to move to another accomodation once he saw the clientele and the room, but unfortunately there was not much else in our price range as well rated ( by Trip Advisor and other internet sites) as the Scotsman Inn. Based on my experience, the place is good for a two/three night stay, especially if you are low on funds. But do not expect to be treated like royalty, or to have a romantic experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

The sign said to call regarding low weekly rates. There is a washer/dryer for guests.

It was safe.

We received a room that was "garden level"--partially below ground. It was a little dark.

The decor was outdated.

It is a budget location. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family