“Beautiful, But....”

Botanica: The Wichita Gardens
Ranked #2 of 77 things to do in Wichita
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Sim Park, this gorgeous patch of cultivated flora offers themed gardens such as the Butterfly Garden, Shakespeare Garden, Rose and Wildflower Garden and the award-winning Sally Stone Sensory Garden, plus special programs for children.
Wichita, Kansas
“Beautiful, But....”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a beautiful place. But, if your on a budget, probably not the place for you. Very expensive for what it has to offer. I guess it's a really big deal in Wichita since there isn't much else to do. We went around Christmas time, and I thought we would go and check out the lights. IT COST $8 PER PERSON! I'M LIKE SERIOUSLY? I HAD MY KIDS AND OTHER KIDS WITH ME. ENDED UP PAYING OVER $50 FOR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE PRICE. Then someone told me about a place that was raising money for the handicapped. I decided to check it out. They only wanted $5 per call load. I ended up donating $20. Wichita, Kansas is not a vacation place for families!!

Wichita, Kansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful in the winter too”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went during luminaries. Was so beautiful. Looking forward to getting there during spring/summer to see it in full bloom.

Overland Park, Kansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Christmas Lights”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This can get rather packed if there is good weather. You need to be sure to arrive early, when it opens if you really want to see and experience EVERYTHING and have a parking spot in the actual botanica parking lot.

Highlights include two different dancing light shows as well as lights all over. One of our favorite parts was the high school choir singing in the banquet hall near the end of the night.

Visited November 2012
Halstead, Kansas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Christmas Light Tour”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I never thought of going to Botanica in the winter, but they did a wonderful job of putting together a Christmas light tour though their gardens. It was great for all ages and included music and hot cocoa.

1 Thank Kim H
Derby, KS
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Loved Illuminations!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife has taken our 17 month old son here a few times and she really enjoys it.

In December, we went to Illuminations at Botanica and we really loved it. The lights were amazing and it was great weather at the time, so we had a fun time with our friends.

I would definitely recommend going to Botanica!