“Road trip”
Review of Hotel At WaterWalk

Hotel At WaterWalk
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Was certainly surprised at the room, accessibility, cleanliness, amenities. There were 4 rooms per unit. The size of the rooms and decor was wonderful. Room was quiet, staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a new hotel for me in my travels through Kansas. It is very unique hotel located right off the main highway through Wichita. The King rooms are spacious and comfortable. There are 4 units to each building so you quiet and privacy. The staff was courteous and helpful. I definitely will stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Papadan46
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is probably the 4th or 5th stay at this hotel and all previous stays have been great. This time however the room was not attended to between nights, even though we spoke to housekeeping personally and they said they would come back later in the day. The snow was not cleared to our door. Whoever was shoveling the sidewalk stopped before they got to the rear rooms where we were staying and we had to walk through a few inches of snow. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating as possible and the breakfast is always great. We will stay there again as it's a good value, but this was a very disappointing visit.

Room Tip: Be sure and specify an upstairs room. The floors are wood and the noise is unbearable if you are in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice but lack of carpet does nothing to cushion upstairs noise. We called the front desk to report noise coming from upstairs that continued for several hours. They were quick to.respond to the matter but the noise continued for awhile. At checkout, the clerk provided us with some gift cards to a local restaurant for our frustration.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We reserved two rooms for the weekend while visiting my mom. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and in good condition. Breakfast was excellent. Only issue was with one of the rooms right next to the highway -- the giant flashing sign outside the window was annoying even with the curtains closed. However, they switched my brother to a different room immediately when he asked. Just try not to get one of the rooms on the very north side of the property if you're a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms next to highway (north side) have more road noise and light.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Over all I've had a decent experience with this hotel. It's for sure unique in a good way. But I have had one awful experience that trumps all the others, mostly on how it was handled. Twice now, have I gotten there, gotten my room key and everything and went to my room to see it lived in or maids cleaning and had to go back to the desk to get it figured out. Also the 'service' they have where you put what your favorite chips and drinks and all that on a paper and the next time you stay there that stuff will be waiting in your room... that's never happened no matter how many times i fill the survey out.
The one big thing that made me never want to stay there again is that I had called a couple months in advance to reserve a specific room number for my baby shower so i could write the room number on the invites. i got there to find out the room was not available and whoever promised me that room was wrong in doing so. I've worked a numerous hotels and I know you can assign a room no matter how far in advance.. it's the same as assigning a room the day the person shows up (which is what generally happens). Instead of being able to relax when I was 8 months pregnant and have everyone around me just setting up for the shower, I spent a lot of time trying to get a hold of everyone to tell them about the change. Since so much time had been spent on trying to figure out what room we could go to, there was hardly any time to set up for the shower. At one point when glass was broken that evening, I called the desk to ask for a broom. they told me they would just clean it up when we checked out. Leaving me to just step around the broken glass. we had to go to the store and buy our own broom and dust pan. There was not a single person that was apologetic about it until I had written a review on their site and they comped me a free night. During the free night there were a bunch of wasps in the room landing on my newborn daughter. When maintenance got there said that it happens because the maids leave the doors open when they clean. If that's happening to the point that she was that casual about it, then why is nothing being done about it? The free night was ok but to this day I still have a negative taste in my mouth towards this hotel and I no longer tell people to stay there.

Room Tip: The floors are hard wood, so if you are below someone, you WILL hear them walking around above you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This stay was before and after the Wichita river fest. Awesome Hotel. great staff. You will be very happy staying here.
This place is great even if it is in Kansas. You have to understand I'm a Floridian.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo