“Nice option for downtown Wichita.”
Review of Hotel At WaterWalk

Hotel At WaterWalk
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Purchased a one night stay at Hotel at Waterwalk at a benefit auction. Really enjoyed the facility. We had a king suite with a fireplace which was a nice touch. I thought the proximity to Kellogg might be a noise problem but the room was quiet. The heater was a little loud when it kicked on but didn't keep us awake. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection and made to order omelets. A really nice perk is the shuttle service. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine711smain, Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. We are glad you enjoyed the night you purchased and hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel annually and it just keeps getting better. Being there during a horrible snow storm last week, the staff went above and beyond the call of duty. They were out cleaning the heavy blanket of snow off of our cars. My car wouldn't start because of the battery (a light was left on) and the staff went into assist mode immediately. WOW! The rooms are very pleasant , attractive, and comfortable. The breakfast was great. This is no "continental breakfast"!!!
Loved every aspect of our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marion_KSMom2

Return guests are very important to us and we appreciate you returning this year and taking the time to write the wonderful review. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I wanted to schedule a little one night getaway for the wife and I for Valentines day and came across a package at the Waterwalk Hotel (formerly the Homewood Suites) near downtown. Although I was told I was going to get a loft since all of the king suites were booked, we did not end up getting a loft. When I asked what happened with the loft, the reply at the front desk was they've all been booked for weeks now...strange.

Athough they did come through on their deal; the room was clean, there were rose petals that stretched from the door to the bed, there was a bottle of champagne waiting in the fridge, and $40 worth of gift cards to use towards either Sabor or Lucas (we went to Sabor).

My only complaint was that the heater/ ac unit in the room was so DAMN loud! It seriously woke us up everytime it fired on throughout the night.

Other than that, Bob the shuttle driver was very nice and made sure that we were picked up on time after dinner and the drinks that capped it off.

Breakfast was good, as they had a young gentleman cooking omelettes, waffles, and pancakes to order, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage links and normal continental breakfast items you would find at any hotel. BONUS was they had muffins from TLC Muffins, you haven't lived until you've had one of their peanut butter chocolate muffins..

Overall score: 4 out of 5

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dara S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed our Valentines Package. We love to offer special get-a –ways to our guests and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We loved everything about the room. They have a shuttle bus that took us to our concert and back. Our driver seemed genuinely interested in how much we enjoyed our evening. The only regret either of us have is that with a big snow storm moving in early the next morning we didn't get to stay for breakfast. This hotel was so nice that it was tempting to just stay and get snowed in. :)

Room Tip: Rooms near Kellogg have some traffic noise and the electronic billboard flashed all night. Drapes b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the Hotel At WaterWalk. Our staff always appreciates recognition for the high level of customer service we give our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again, without the threat of a looming snow storm, so you can enjoy our cook to order breakfast buffet.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom suite. There was plenty of room when our daughter and granddaughter visited with us. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Wichita.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are glad we were able to accommodate you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at this property before and I also stayed at it years ago when it was a Residence Inn. The staff is friendly and I love the rooms, although the bathrooms are small. I prefer a room away from Kellogg, because it can be noisy. I recently stayed at the hotel the night before I flew to another state to receive medical care. In the past, I was able to take the shuttle from the hotel to the airport, which was convenient. This time my flight was at 6:00 a.m. I was told that the shuttle was not available due to the early departure, so I elected to take a taxi. I left my car in the hotel parking lot. When I returned to get my car, it had been hit in the parking lot. There was significant damage to the back of my car. I went to the office to report this. The girl in the office said she was sorry. She asked if I wanted her to call the police and I said obviously I did. The police said they would not come out because it happened on private property. I was told to go clear across town to file a report. When I got across town I was told that the station was closed. I called back to the hotel to see how this could be further handled. We discussed security surveillance of the parking lot/swimming pool, as my car was parked close to the swimming pool. I wanted to see if they could determine when my vehicle was hit and who hit it. I was told that they would check the surveillance. I was later told that the cameras basically only monitor the area by the office, and that they could not determine who hit it or when it was hit. I was surprised that there was no other surveillance of the parking lot or the swimming pool. I asked how the hotel has handled things like this in the past and I was told that this really wasn't a problem. There was nothing else said except that my insurance company can call them if they have questions. This is the only vehicle I have and it will be a problem to get it fixed--not to mention that it will be costly. I like the hotel but don't know if I will stay here again. I just don't feel like they really cared that this happened to my vehicle and that getting it fixed will be an inconvenience to me.

Room Tip: room away from Kellogg is not as noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Christine711smain, Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

The Hotel At WaterWalk would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. Our staff is always encouraged when guests take the time to share their satisfaction with our service. We understand and sympathize with the frustrations associated with a vehicle accident and with public offices being closed on the weekends. Our management staff is always willing to work with our guests and will do our best to work with your insurance company should they have any questions.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the suites, we aboslutely loved it! The room and hotel were warm and welcoming. The staff were so wonderful and kind! Especially when family members came to visit from OK City, the staff helped them find their way when they took the wrong exit. Breakfast.....breakfast was excellent! Best continental breakfast we have ever had. The fruit was so fresh and delicious.

We will be going back to Kansas later this month and look forward to staying at The Hotel at WaterWalk! If you ever ever need to stay in Wichita, we recommend the hotel 100%!!

We found the location was perfect for our needs and travel purpose.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad our hotel was able to meet the needs of your entire family. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Kansas.