“Limited at best”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street and Tyler RD
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was the furthest thing from an authentic brazilian experience. The choices were limited and flavor just was'nt there. Brazillian food is to be full of flavor, the atmosphere was nice but would'nt take my kids. Way too adult oriented.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have eaten at several Brazilian steakhouses in Chicago. This is a slightly lower scale but still a wonderful experience. Salad bar could be a bigger with more choices than the standard salad fair. Many wonderful meat choices! Garlic Sirloin was my personal favorite. Wonderful wine list with wine flights available. Can be pricey. Great for special occasions!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was my first visit to a Brazilian Steak house and it's unique style of dining. We started with a salad bar and it was fresh with plenty of variety. We then moved on to the meats. They do bring you a small plate of carbs, (rice and stuff) to add to the meats but really it's all about the meat. The servers then start coming with different skewers of grilled meats. There was chicken, sausage and beef. We enjoyed it but in the end decided that the beef was a little under cooked for our tastes. We prefer our meat moist but with little to no blood. The meal was good but a little pricey at $35/person. We may go back again but it would only be for a special occasion and with someone who hadn't been to that type of experience before.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I came here for a Sunday night family dinner on 12/16/12. My brother and his girlfriend had a voucher from their Groupon application on their iPhone. The groupon voucher was titled something along the lines of “Dinner for 4 for $70”. We had the whole family tag along – Mom, Dad, Me, Brother, his 2 children, and his girlfriend.

My brother wanted his 16oz rib eye steak and everyone else had the all you can eat Churrasccaria. My brother sure missed out on some darn good, all you can eat meat. There were 7 different flavors of meat that the waiter brought around and sliced for us. This is one of those places where the meat is fresh off the grill and sliced directly from the rotisserie rod.

I tried all 7 meats and loved them all; especially the chicken bacon, pork, and sea salt. Well, the sea salt was ok. It had too much fat on it. I can eat fat, but not too much. The pork looked incredibly dry upon delivery and slicing, but once it was consumed it was just absolutely nice, tender, and just a little juicy. It was cooked just right.

The chicken bacon was amazing! I absolutely loved it! I’m a fairly young and active young man so I need food for fuel and boy was I hungry that day! I think the waiter came around 3 times and I never turned him down. After seeing the menu and finding out how much it would cost PER PERSON for this all you can eat Churrasccaria? Ya darn right I got my money’s worth! I’d would estimate I’d at least consumed 1 to 2 lbs of meat.

And last, but not least was the roasted pineapple. This was brought out last after the meats and boy let me tell you something! This pineapple was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Man! I can’t even begin to tell you the food orgasm that I had in my mouth! The waiter said it was seasoned with and brown sugar plus water mixture then grilled over an open flame. The pineapple was soft, warm, and had the perfect sweetness to it. I’ve had fresh, sliced pineapple before and sometimes it is way too sweet to the point where I’ll have to sprinkle just a tad bit of salt on top or wash the pineapple under a sink to water down the sweetness.

I eat out once every blue moon due to the fact that it can get expensive. My family owned a restaurant for 13 years and we understand that it can get costly eating out daily, weekly, and even monthly. Therefore we serve up home cooked Laotion meals, but every once in a blue moon we’ll go out and eat and Chapada was definitely a great choice.

As for price, I have to give a MAJOR THANK YOU to my brother and his girlfriend for the Groupon voucher because without that we would’ve been looking at a triple figure number. The waitress gave us a receipt that showed the total WITHOUT the voucher and a total WITH the voucher. After the voucher was applied there was still a 2 figure amount that remained so I picked that portion up.

I kept the receipt that displayed the total WITHOUT the voucher. It’ll just serve as a reminder of why I eat out “once every blue moon” =) =) =)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a fantastic restaurant! My husband and I love churraschiria dining. We were pleasantly surprised to find that this mid-west restaurant offered the same experience and food vaieties that we have had in other major metropolitan areas.
My only criticism is the sangria. It was watered down and seemed as if it had very little wine in it. Otherwise everything was great. The salad bar is AMAZING!