“Delicious, affordable French cooking in a suburban strip-mall.”
Review of Cafe Maurice

Cafe Maurice
Ranked #61 of 1,074 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Staying one night in a motel not too far off the Interstate, I asked the desk clerk for a restaurant recommendation. I wasn't in the mood for what she recommended, so checked TripAdvisor for restaurants in the area. Cafe Maurice had potential, as the "5" reviews were based on the food, while the "non-5's" complained about speed of service. I've had a couple of good experiences with French cooking by non-French chefs, so gave this a try.

It's in a strip mall (but a new, clean one), and the interior was pleasant (and I've found some surprisingly good chef-owner places in strip mall settings). But the food -- fresh green salad with deliciously flavored oil dressing, perfectly sautéed Tilapia and mixed vegs, and a reasonably priced glass of white wine made for a meal in a restaurant I wish were in my own neighborhood. Service was prompt and pleasant. Those who deep-six this place for slow service perhaps didn't have the time to appreciate the quality of the food preparation. (The waitress apologized to me because they were out of the usually-complementary tiramasu!) IMHO it's worth waiting for.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's a café type place, where the food is great. I love the hummus! My husband had a wrap and it was very good took. Salads are the best!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently joined a friend for a leisurely lunch at Café Maurice. There is an outdoor seating area adjacent to the roadway or one may seat themselves at an assortment of tables or booths inside. It appeared the room and restrooms would easily accommodate a wheelchair or walker. All ages of children would be comfortable and the menu even offered a steakburger for those not interested in other flavors. My initial glance at the menu didn't leave me too excited, but I narrowed it down to either the Mezza Platter, a $11.95 sampling of all the appetizers, or a beef kabab sandwich with either hummus, fries, salad or soup for $8.95. I decided on the sandwich with a side fattoush salad. My friend ordered the chicken kabab sandwich with a side of hummus and pita chips which she enjoyed immensely. We both ordered iced tea which was promptly refilled before we could empty our glasses. My sandwich consisted of beef tenderloin wrapped inside a soft and light pita bread along with tomato, lettuce and a very subtle tahini sauce. The fattoush salad included lettuce mix, cucumbers, pita chips, tomatoes and just the right amount of a wonderful dressing. I finished the meal quite pleased with these tasty choices. The small piece of complimentary tiramisu was a perfect finishing touch. I look forward to returning to Café Maurice and recommend it to anyone interested in a meal of carefully and intentionally prepared flavors in a casual setting.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I visited last week for lunch. Asusual the food was excellent. My. Butter bean and chorizo casserolewas delicious. Weoften visit this restaurant and the standard is consistently good.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We recently went in for a couple of salads. After 40 minutes of waiting we asked to pay for our appetizer and leave, and they found one of our salads then another in 5 more minutes. Really were not very good as the chicken was dry. Hummus was great but couldn't save the night. Won't go back.

1  Thank Beachkid_8