“Enjoyable Lunch”

Cafe Maurice
Ranked #63 of 1,067 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently joined a friend for a leisurely lunch at Café Maurice. There is an outdoor seating area adjacent to the roadway or one may seat themselves at an assortment of tables or booths inside. It appeared the room and restrooms would easily accommodate a wheelchair or walker. All ages of children would be comfortable and the menu even offered a steakburger for those not interested in other flavors. My initial glance at the menu didn't leave me too excited, but I narrowed it down to either the Mezza Platter, a $11.95 sampling of all the appetizers, or a beef kabab sandwich with either hummus, fries, salad or soup for $8.95. I decided on the sandwich with a side fattoush salad. My friend ordered the chicken kabab sandwich with a side of hummus and pita chips which she enjoyed immensely. We both ordered iced tea which was promptly refilled before we could empty our glasses. My sandwich consisted of beef tenderloin wrapped inside a soft and light pita bread along with tomato, lettuce and a very subtle tahini sauce. The fattoush salad included lettuce mix, cucumbers, pita chips, tomatoes and just the right amount of a wonderful dressing. I finished the meal quite pleased with these tasty choices. The small piece of complimentary tiramisu was a perfect finishing touch. I look forward to returning to Café Maurice and recommend it to anyone interested in a meal of carefully and intentionally prepared flavors in a casual setting.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I visited last week for lunch. Asusual the food was excellent. My. Butter bean and chorizo casserolewas delicious. Weoften visit this restaurant and the standard is consistently good.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We recently went in for a couple of salads. After 40 minutes of waiting we asked to pay for our appetizer and leave, and they found one of our salads then another in 5 more minutes. Really were not very good as the chicken was dry. Hummus was great but couldn't save the night. Won't go back.

1  Thank Beachkid_8
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My cousin suggested I try this place so I knew it would be good. I recently had lunch with a friend there and was delighted with my lunch and the sevice was very good too. First we ordered some appetizers, I ordered the Hummus Shawarma Chicken and my friend ordered the Meat Pie and both tasted, very good. The Hummus with the Chicken was delightful and the chips nice and fresh. The Meat pie, meat was flavorful and the pastry was light enough and pleasing to taste. We both also ordered the Fattoush Salad with the extra of 2 skewers of Chicken Kabab and that was delicious. And I was pleased to find out that they give you a complimentary piece of Tiramisu which is my favorite! We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was surprised by this wonderful, quaint restaurant in Wichita, Kansas. I was visiting with family, and I was flattered by the quality and attentiveness of the service at Cafe Maurice. All of the people in the party had very different ideas about what kind of food they wanted to eat for dinner, and everyone found something they loved in the menu. Complimentary tiramisu for the table - who does that anymore??!!! I would like to conclude with one word of advice: go.

1  Thank Stephen B

Been to Cafe Maurice? Share your experiences!