“Good location on Turnpike”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #45 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel seems pretty new, it is good size and has an outdoor pool that has seating for breakfast. It is a garden like setting, well as garden like as the middle of Kansas is. The breakfast was the standard for small motels. The staff was very attentive. The hotel was very well kept. I had a double suite kitchenette and was very spacious. They allow pets, but you pay an extra $15 apiece for them and sign a witnessed affidavit. The access of off and back onto the turnpike is very convenient, you pass a full service gas and convenience store in the 1 mile drive from the highway. Finding a restaurant nearby is not easy, be sure to look that up in advance. We had pizza delivered to the room. It is a nice midway point for us and we will stay again.

Room Tip: Don't seem to have any bad rooms, it is not on a highway just a city boulevard so traffic noise...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark1959
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review! It is very gratifying for the entire staff when our guests have such a wonderful stay here at Cresthill Suites. We hope your trip is always safe and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had to go back to the booking once we had checked in to make sure that I had indeed paid only $79 for such a big suite with full kitchen facilities with hot chocolate, coffee, popcorn, a health bar, 2 cans of coke and a bottle of water. There is a swimming pool outside with nice relaxing sunbeds and the hotel provide towels outside to use. In the evening a lovely hot meal was included that was not published. Apparently they do a different theme every evening. No need to go out for an evening meal!! Terrific. The breakfast buffet included real crispy bacon and real scrambled egg not the powdered stuff you normally get if your lucky! Unbelievable. Wish this chain of hotels were more common place. Will definitely stay here if we return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool as there is no roadway that side. The staff are so obliging :-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyHarrison

Let me first say how much I appreciate that you took time out of your schedule to review us! The staff works vigorously to ensure guests have a great stay and are very happy when our efforts are recognized. We thrive to deliver a professional and quality level of service consistently from booking to check-out and we are so pleased that was your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the CrestHill Suites in Wichita on a business trip last week and I have to say that I was impressed. The check-in process at the desk was great and they were very welcoming. The rooms were very nice and came with a full kitchen area if needed. It is definitely for the extended stay business traveler or family. Internet access was easy and it worked great. Overall , a great hotel for a good price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paulandelissa121209

The whole staff works hard to provide great service and truly appreciates the acknowledgement of their efforts. It sounds like that the room served you well during your visit—I am glad. Thank you for your business and we anticipate having you stay “in our house” the next time you are in our area, for business or pleasure.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed there overnight and loved it! It was clean, quiet, everything you need - like a small efficieny apartment. They have a great swimming pool and their grounds are very well kept. If I go back up there, I will be staying with them again. They have dinners most nights of the week and cookouts too!

Room Tip: They have a lot of students from a business down the road so it stays full. If you wish a smoking r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We really enjoy it when our guest have a wonderful experience and is what we strive for in the service we provide. Thank you for leaving your comments and we look forward toward serving you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the space we got, our "room" was truly several. Some suite chains are simply standard hotel rooms, so I was happy to find a decent sized kitchenette, lock off living room bedroom and bathroom. Much was quite dated, but the bed and pillows were new and so comfortable, which counted the most for us. There was plenty of room for our pack-and play as well.

The down sides of my visit: aside from a quick check in, the one person at the front desk (the only staff we encountered during our one night stay) pretty much ignored everything else, for example me struggling with 2 babies and luggage, or when much of the breakfast buffet needed refills, like milk. The worst part was certainly breakfast, a pretty tough meal to get wrong, but it may have been the worst I've had. I'm really not picky but had to stop at a store to get sOne real food for me and the kids before heading back on the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AntsInMyPantsDE
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I appreciate the feedback that you have provided to us. I am pleased that most of your stay with the hotel was good. There are times when the front desk is only staffed by one person but our goal is to still provide great service. I regret that you had some challenges to that end. We certainly will review this and see how to improve on it in the future. We try to offer a variety of options in our breakfast but we understand that they are not all to everyone's liking but again, will use your response to further our offerings. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed one night end of march 2013 at Cresthill suites.

Location - The hotel is slightly away from the hustle and bustle and is on the east central ave. The night I stayed was Easter and most of the restaurants were closed and the kitchen came of help as I had to make a quick dinner after visiting Dillons (super market).

Check in. The check in was quick and made a booking through Hotwire. I stayed on the 2nd floor over looking onto the front of the hotel.

Suite. I was quite impressed with the size of the suite and had a nice kitchen, complimentary non-alcoholic drinks, nice seating area and a flat TV. The bath room was spacious and well appointed. There was a big closet to keep your luggage and ward robe. The Internet was complimentary and the speed was acceptable. The bed was quite comfortable and the A/C worked well as it was a bit hot that week end.

Quirks - There is a light in the middle of the seating area which looked a bit strange.

Breakfast. The breakfast had limited selection and the seating area was a bit on the smaller side.

Summary - The nightly rate was south of $60 and that is a very attractive rate for a hotel and the facilities provided. The hotel is clean and provides a nice stay and is a short distance away from the highways of 96 or 54. Is a small boutique hotel with great value!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bramgopal
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review-- we really appreciate it! We are delighted that your visit here with us was a pleasant one for you. I am glad that the facilities worked well to your liking. The staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit to Wichita and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and upbeat. I was very impressed with the kitchen area and available amenities for cooking. This is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at, and I plan to return if passing through Wichita anytime soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single and found it to be very spacious and just what I needed; very comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elizabethsweets
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

The whole staff is very pleased that you had a wonderful stay! Everyone here works hard to provide great service and truly appreciates the acknowledgement of their efforts. I am happy that you were able to utilize the kitchen amenities and that the room served you well. Thank you for your business and we will be anxious to have you “in our house” the next time you make your way to this neck of the woods