“Okay...but”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #45 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Wichita, so i cant make any comparisons. However, after reading all of the reviews,i guess i expected more. I had the superior King room/suite and was disappointed. It was truly outdated. It reminded me of a quality hotel from the '80s. It was clean and very adequate, the front desk service was okay...but i expected more.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We always appreciate getting feedback. I am sorry that you did not feel that you received an excellent level of service during your stay. We will use your response as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The hotel is scheduled to go through upgrades during the year that will add to our décor and features. I do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was clean and I felt right at home. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad that your stay was pleasant and we look forward toward your return to the hotel the next time you are in Wichita!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of the nicest places with some of the nicest staff I have experienced. They actually serve you breakfast, like other hotels, but they have a nightly dinner complementary too! And it is really good food. The cooking and kitchen area in the room are very nice. It is really quiet, little out of the way and well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 40ThomasD
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your review! It is very gratifying for the entire staff when our guests have such a wonderful stay here at Cresthill Suites. We hope your trip is always safe and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff was sooooo helpful, and really made you feel welcome. The "suppers" offered on Monday - Thursday night is a nice touch. They cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill the night I was there.

The room looks good! Very roomy, with partial kitchen.

Everything appeared clean. So all that was very good.

The walls were paper thin. We had someone staying above us that sounded like an elephant (I doubt it was, just sounded that way). There was also an odd smell in the hallway that was distasteful to me.

Breakfast was basic and ok. Not much in the way of healthy options.

That all being said, I'm thinking it was very reasonably priced, and as I said, certainly had it's share of positives.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We truly appreciate the feedback that you have given us. I apologize for the noise issues, every guest is different and some are really heavy walkers. We continually are working to expand our guest experience and are currently making changes to our breakfast and dinner menus. We are pleased that your stay with us was very good for the most part and hope to have you as a guest again. Thank you for the review and we wish you safe journeys!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed while on our way home to South Dakota, from Texas. I was very surprised at how nice to room was. Fully furnished with dishes and everything. Ended up having to stay another night because of a snow storm, but didn't have any problems with the staff working with us. It was really nice bring able to so laundry for free. My only problem was it was mound. You could hear people walking around above us and talking in the halls. Also seemed to be a little drive to eat and shop. Overall it was great. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

The entire Cresthill Suites team is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! While it was unfortunate that you got "stuck" because of weather and had to spend an extra night, we are glad that it was with us. The noise level is a challenge at times to control but we are always working to improve and try to respond to any complaints immediately. Thank you for your review and we hope that you will spend another night, or more, with us in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

WOW! I have stayed in a lot of places from California to PA, South Dakota to Texas, and lots of places in between. There may have been places that were more elaborate but their prices were a lot higher than CrestHill suites in Wichita, Ks.This has got to be one hotel that stands out above the rest. I was truly impressed w the outside appearance of the hotel. The lawn and grounds were well maintained and the hotel was nice but walking inside was a breath of fresh air literally. I am so tired of walking into "smoke free" hotels and the first thing you smell is cigarette smoke. NOT HERE! Oh my, not only was the whole hotel clean and orderly but it smelled so fresh and clean. .....our suite was immaculate and their were too many extras to list. Look at their website and you will see true honest up to date pictures of the rooms and grounds. I have been disappointed so many times with websites that show nice rooms and then when you get there you feel mislead because nothing you see resembles the pictures. Again the pictures don't do this place justice because everything was even nicer in person. What sent this place over the top was the employees. From the maids to the office manager, you could not ask for better staff. Friendly and helpful, professional and courteous. I was so impressed and can not wait to stay again in my new "home away from home"! Love it and not one negative thing to be found.

• Stayed: March 2013

Let me first say how much I appreciate the time you took to review us! The staff works vigorously overall to ensure guests have a wonderful stay and are very happy when their efforts are recognized. Cresthill thrives to deliver a professional as well as quality service consistently from booking to check-out and we are so pleased that was your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here twice as we were passing through wichita and it was wonderful! It's by a lot of residential places so it's nice and quiet. They didn't have any queen-bed rooms left so they upgraded us both times to a huge suite-like an apartment! The breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly both times we stayed there. It's a memorable place to stay and if you're looking for a place in wichita definitely think about staying there!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Sean P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to give us feedback. We are so pleased that you have not only stayed with us on more than occasion, but that each stay was a great experience for you. We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you again in the future.