“So frustrated!”

Super 8 Wichita North
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband works with the railroad and stays at this hotel very often due to company contracts. I don't know what it is that they do at their front desk but they never answer the phone. Today my husband missed his call to work because the front desk didn't answer the phone. I have been trying to call for the last half hour to get a hold of SOMEONE and currently on my third attempt to call the timer on my phone reads 10 minutes plus at 10 o'clock in the morning!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
wichitainnnorth, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

I want to thank you for your review of Oct. 7th. We value all the customers that stay with us.
I understand your frustration, when you are calling a hotel and you can't get an answer from them.

Oct.7th was unforeseen telephone problem, that couldn't be fixed until later that day.

The Railroad that stays with us, stays here because we are very reliable on our phone service.

I know the next time you call our hotel, you will be able to get an answer on the other end.

Thanks again

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Wichita North

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel with my family. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable throughout our stay. We stayed in a double queen room and it was clean and comfortable. The beds were suitable for everyone in our party and we slept soundly. The continental breakfast was on par with what we've found at 2.5 star hotels like Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. This hotel was priced somewhere between $40-70 cheaper per night than comparable hotels. The area has a wide variety of eating and shopping options nearby with some being within walking distance. Another plus is that even on busy weekend nights we heard absolutely no noise from other hotel guests. Excellent, excellent hotel! P.S. Remember to tip your housekeepers! They appreciate it and it shows :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank You for your very kind words.

The staff at WIN thanks you, we as a team try to the best job we can, do for each and every guest.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our 3-night stay in September was lovely. We were given adjoining rooms as requested - two queen sized beds in large rooms with refrigerators and microwaves, a nice table and chair and dresser cabinet for the TV. One room had a flat screen TV, one had an older model. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but not fancy. The water pressure in the shower was excellent, and the provided soaps and lotion were quite nice. The beds slept great, and the a/c in the room was perfect. The windows open, which was nice for a morning breeze.

The free breakfast each morning was a treat: fresh waffles (fun to make yourself on the Belgian waffle maker), biscuits and gravy, several varieties of bread for toast, yogurts, sausage & pancake 'corn dogs', various pastries, various instant oatmeal flavors, coffee, juices, several dry cereals and milk, and whole fresh fruit. Everything was fresh, tasty and unlimited. (We brought breakfast back to our room even though the signs said not to. oops.) The staff (check-in and cleaning) was courteous to a fault.

Plenty of parking, easy freeway access to the 96, lots of retail and restaurants within minutes. This isn't a 4-star hotel, but especially for the price we were VERY pleased and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah G
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We want to thank your for your response! We appreciate your taking the time to contact us, and appreciate your comments on our property!

thanks again!

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. I was impressed that the hotel had a selection of dvds to choose from. We had a little problem with the drain in the tub draining, but other than that had a wonderful stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I would like to thank you for the time you spent-and the wonderful reveiw you gave us!

I want to thank you very much for staying with us-and look forward to your return visit!

Again, thank you very much!

The Staff and Management
Wichita Inn North

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Called last night to make reservation for the 5th stay here. I have surgeries at the Kansas Heart Hospital and we have never had a complaint with this Hotel.But last night after I gave all my info,and had my name spelled Wrong 3 times to me. I was told ,,We cannot Rent a room to you misses Smith,,,,,you Smoked in the room the last time you were here with us!! I said I do NOT Smoke,am a Heart Patient and my Husband does NOT Smoke either. There must be a mistake,,please check the name again,he just kept saying Yes you did Smoke in the room and we will not rent to you. He just kept saying it over and over . I was angry and insulted to be accused of something I did NOT do!! He finally sain to give him my card info and he would book. I got off phone and told my husband what happened,he said if they disrespected me and accused me of such things,,then we are NOT staying there. So he called back and cancelled the room. I certainly hope there will be NO Charge. We are disappointed in all of this,like I said we never had a complaint but this was just too upsetting.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Mrs. Smith:

I want to apologize for your treatment and making you feel bad. For this I want to apologize!
That was not our intenetion-and I will speak to the clerk!

We have a very strict no-smoking policy-and have had people smoke in the room. Prehaps it was the people who stayed after you. For this mistake, again I want to apoligize!

We want our rooms to smell fresh and odorless for our guests like you! This is why we have such a stringent policy.

Please call me and I will take care of your reservation-and there will not be a problem. The number you should call is myt cell number 316-992-8638.

We have a very good realtionship with the Hospitals in our area-and want to make sure each guest is taken care of!

Thank you very much!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Wichita Inn North is an older, unassuming building on the North side of Wichita. The rooms haven't been updated in a while, but they are spacious and clean. The king size bed was a little softer than I prefer, but in good condition and comfortable. They use smaller, square pillows, of nice quality. The breakfast buffet is amazing for the price. I expected cold cereal and coffee, but they had a waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, and many more very nice items. It was a great value, and everyone on the staff was helpful and friendly. This is not a hotel for a romantic getaway, but if you're looking for a clean place to sleep with a good breakfast and you don't mind an older hotel, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shena W
wichitainnnorth, Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I would like to thank your for your review! The only way we know how we are doing is thru honest reveiws of our property by our guest! Thanks So much!!

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a good value and location! As well as serving a good value breakfast!

Again, thanks for your review-and we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon!

Thanks so much!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotes while my husband was a patient at the Kansas Spine Hospital. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. Housekeeping did a very good job. My room was very comfortable and had microwave, refrigerator, and nice TV. They offer a complimentary breakfast that offers a nice variety of simple but tasty foods. The hotel is situated in a nice shopping area with several restaurants close by. When my car broke down, the hotel made sure I was taken back and forth to the hospital. The only thing that might be a drawback for a family is that there is no pool, but this was not an issue for me. I was very pleased with my stay and will certainly stay here again as the need arises.

Room Tip: If you have any problems with mobility, ask for a room close to the elevator. There is parking with...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your response!!

We try and do our best every day! But the only way we actually know how we are doing is to recieve reviews from people like yourself, and I want to thank your for taking the time!

It means a great deal to not only me but my entire staff to hear such a great compliment!!

Please come back soon!

Thank you for your time and the great compliment