“Pool Needs to be Heated”

Hilton Garden Inn Wichita
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Tipton, United States
“Pool Needs to be Heated”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel staff is great. We enjoyed all of our stay except the pool. We were told that the pool can not be heated and it was too cold for the adults or children to get in. Kind of sad to walk by each day and see kids shivering with towels wrapped around them. The restaurant & bar on site is a nice perk. If you were visiting on business I would say this would be an ideal hotel. But if you are traveling with a family you might want to rethink if you are wanting a place for the family to swim.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Kent H,

Thank you for selecting Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita for your accomodations. We are always happy to hear from our guests about their experiences.

While we are happy to know that you enjoyed the offerings of the hotel we are equally dissapointed about the disruption with the pool. Unfortunately, we had to drain the pool and refill due to unexpected "shenanigans" that created a guest safety issue.

We were not able to get the temperature of the water raised as quickly as we would have like and certainly understand the dissapointment. I invite you to contact me directly as we would like to have the opportunity ensure your satisfaction with our hotel.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice hotel, great staff, clean rooms - just wish there was a complimentary breakfast. We've stayed here (3) times due to location for a gymnastics meet - but would be nice to be able to grab a quick breakfast on the house :)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the hotel. Hopefully the gymnastics event was a great success for you.

Many of our guests find breakfast to be their favorite meal of the day. The Hilton Garden Inn Brand does not offer a complimentary breakfast, however, we do offer a Bed and Breakfast package that includes breakfast with the rate.

Any of the staff or Hilton reservations agents would be happy to review that package when you are making future hotel accomodations.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and we hope to see you again for future gymnastics events in Wichita.
Shawnee, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

After getting in late on a Saturday night the kids were looking forward to swimming in the morning only to find the pool closed on Sunday morning. Lots of tears. Routine maintenance should be completed in off hours or during the week. Doors and walls are very thin. Hallway noises were at times very annoying when trying to sleep. Other than that, the hotel staff was pleasant and the breakfast staff were very nice.

Dear Jeffrey A,

Thank you for taking the time to sumbit a Trip Advisor review. While we are happy to know that you found the staff friendly and helpful we completely understand the disapointmnent with the pool. Unfortuanately, we had an unexpecteded issue of "shenanigans" with our pool which created a guest safety issue.

The staff and I would like to make this up to you and I invite you to contact me about resolving this to your satisfaction.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel when visiting family in Wichita over the Thanksgiving holiday. The location is excellent, and the weekend front desk and dining room staff are always friendly and welcoming. We have stayed there multiple times during the past couple of years and have always found the hotel to be well-maintained and rooms very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers have a view of the pond/jogging trail which is quite nice during the holiday...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Flomostayc,

All of us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your family visit over the holiday.

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your travel accomodations. As always, if you have any questions or concerns we are happy to assist.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We love the location of this hotel and always stay there on our way to Dallas. We've had very good service and accommodations each time. The only complaint I would have is that the mattresses are inconsistent quality. Twice, I stayed in a room where one mattress was very good and the other seemed to be older. Other then that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Carrie S,

Dear Flomostayc,

The staff and I at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us on your travels. We have noted your comment regarding the mattresses and have reviewed the mattresses for replacments or repairs.

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your travel accomodations. All guest feedback is important to us in understanding our guests priorities. As always, if you have any questions or concerns we are happy to assist.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped here on long road trip. Wanted kids 2burn off energy in pool BUT the pool is not heated and FREEZING! Do not stay if u want to swim. Otherwise OK, rooms clean........….......................

Dear Jcckk,

We are happy that you selected The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita and are equally dissapointed that we experienced issues with our pool. Unfortunately, we had to drain the pool and refill which created an unusually cold swimming experience.

This was an unexpected occurence of "shenanigans" which created a guest safety issues. We would like to make amends and I invite you to contact me directly so we can guarantee your satisfaction.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I took my grand-daughter here to swim as part of some Christmas fun. The indoor pool was about the coldest thing I've ever tried to get into. Expected to see ice cubes floating in it. Come on----add a heater. It was awful. The hot tub next to it was absolutely boiling. I used to own one and thought 104 degrees was to be the max---this one--well, I know how a lobster must feel when submerged in a pot! Another lady was in it and her legs (as well as our own) were red and looked like we had a sunburn when we got out. They need to pay more attention to this area. Then I saw on the website when I reserved it that they had a restaurant and lounge and room service....when I checked in I did see a sign of some kind on the desk..but didn't pay much attention. After getting in later and looking forward to a nice dinner..I finally read it. They closed it for lunch and dinner from 12/21 to like 1/2. Only breakfast was being served. It was icy and frigid out and so we tried to get 3 items from the "pantry"--a tiny mac and cheese to microwave, a Campbell's soup to microwave and a small beef jerky. They charged me $15 for these 3 items. Couldn't believe it!! The room itself was comfortable and we had a nice view of the little lake behind it....but after being totally disappointed by the swimming situation and the lack of food...I was very disappointed. The local Hyatt was undergoing renovations and on their website they explained the whole situation so the customer wouldn't have been blind-sided and could have made an educated decision. The restaurant closing and lack of room service at a time when most travelers may need more nurturing...not less...was very misleading. If they had stated this on their website I would have tried elsewhere for sure. To make it worse this was a free points stay..and cost me 20,000 Hilton Honors points. I love Hilton....but won't be back to this one.

Dear Diane P,

All of us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita are equally dissapointed that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have sent a private message to see how we can "make it up" to you.

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your travel accomodations and we hope you will consider us again. As always, if you have any questions or concerns we are happy to assist.