“Nice hotel, good location, very poor customer service- watch your BILL!”

Hilton Garden Inn Wichita
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Wisconsin, United States
“Nice hotel, good location, very poor customer service- watch your BILL!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked a stay at this hotel for 2 nights for a business trip. I checked out as scheduled and returned my key. I was given a copy of my receipt which reflected my stay for two nights. Since I tipped the staff while having the breakfast buffet I decided to reprint my receipt when returning home while doing my expenses. To my surprise the hotel charged me for an additional night- three nights total (I only booked two nights). I called the front desk and they said it had to do with me booking the bed and breakfast deal (which is just a night with breakfast in the lobby in the morning). She said that I had booked it without breakfast and than re-booked it with breakfast causing an additional night to be charged. Total BS. I am the one who booked the original nights and nothing was ever cancelled and re-booked. Definitely never staying here again! It seems like somewhat of a scam since they gave me the final receipt and checkout reflecting two nights. To bad cause it's not a bad location and the rooms were decent.

Room Tip: Just make sure to check your bill after you checkout- don't trust the receipt they give you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi Tim L:

Thank you for taking the time to compete a guest survey regarding your most recent stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. I apologize for the billing error on your room charges.

Upon review of your guest folio, it appears the room charges did not post accurately on the first night. While correcting the rate we inadvertanlty posted the additional night. Your guest folio had been processed for additional review. I apologize that we did not fix this posting accurately. The credit to your account has been processed. On the occasion that we have a billing discrepancy we make every effort to correct the charges to our guest satisfaction.

Hopefully, you will consider us again for future stays in Wichita.

Thanks and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was EXTREMELY loud and the hotel staff could care less about addressing the excessive noise level. After multiple complaints to the front desk the staff finally attempted to address the noise. I have a 9 month old son and he was woken up multiple times throughout the night due to noise. Also, I found empty wrappers under the bed so the cleanliness was an issue. This hotel is NOT family friendly and was a complete EPIC FAIL for the amount of money I spent. Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Hi Shanna B:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your most recent stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. I apologize that you had noise issues while you were here.

Our Guest Service Agent responded quickly and made every effort to reduce the noise from the guests above. The arriving family above had completed a long day of traveling and were anxious for bedtime as well. Understandably it seems that it didn't quiet down soon enough.

The staff is very receptive to all guest feedback and appreciates the opportunity to improve service delivery by understanding the guest perspective. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations while you were a guest with us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita.

Hopefully, you will consider us again for any future visits to Wichita.

Wichita, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn made our family reunion go off without a hitch! Thank you so much for your dedicated service, constant hard work and over abundant kindness! The hotel was so clean, looked brand new in decor and furnishings. The comfort of the rooms was certainly 5 star, and every one of our cousins said the rooms were comfortable, especially the beds. Thank you for caring enough to make the details your priority. The weekend we stayed there was chilly and we had showers, so returning to the fireplace in the lobby after an evening out supplied us with the perfect touch. The pond behind the hotel provided a perfect, comforting view to wake to. Everything about your hotel and the grounds had just the right touch to make us all feel "at home." Thank you again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hi DavidD,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review from your stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. We are all happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We have just recently completed the conversion to The Project Grow lobby which includes comfortable gathering spaces and a welcoming environment to gather for business or social activities.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your future visit. Of course, if you ever have a question or concern we are happy to assist!

Cullison, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Bed was horrible, awful. Bathroom looked a little run down, but it was clean. Nice decor. OVERPRICED. Was told we could pay cash in the morning, but we were never given the chance. They had already ran our credit card and it was way before check out time. We will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MaggieP:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a guest survey regarding your most recent stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. Unfortunately, we did exceed your expectations.

I apologize that you experienced comfort issues with our Garden Sleep System bed. The bed is designed to provide a restful night sleep free from pressure points. Our maintenance staff has been directed to review the components and make any repairs as needed.

Also, we are disappointed to know that you were not able to use the pool due to hours of operation and that we did not have the opportunity to settle your charges with cash at check out. At registration we authorize a credit card for charges and a guest folio is slipped under the door for your review. Final charges are not processed until check out. At that point we are able to process your cash payment and reverse the authorization on the credit card.

We value our guest feedback and use that information to assist us with improving our service.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and we hope you will consider us again for future visits to Wichita.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Located close to all things you could need. Very clean hotel and very friendly staff. Queit rooms with very comfy beds. I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Wichita, KS. every time I travel over other hotels because of the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The hotel lobby is very impressive and a good meeting place to have business meetings of a casual nature. Very attentive staff for early morning breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

McPherson, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Tried to check-in 30 minutes after posted check-in time, was turned away because the room wasnt ready. Had to come back 20 minutes later to get checked in. Hot tub in the hotel was out of order for who knows how long, with caution tape surrounding it like it was a crime scene. The best nights sleep beds were harder than a rock and absolutely terrible. Best part about the whole hotel was the breakfast. Staff was very polite and helpful and seated us and took great care of us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi Trenton K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible and unfortunately it appears that we did not exceed your expectations.

I apologize for the issues you experienced while a guest with us. We have reviewed our cleaning and inspection routines to understand the system breakdown that resulted in your guest room not being ready for your arrival. Our maintenance review of the Garden Sleep System bed confirms the components are operational., however, we missed the opportunity to review functionality with you.

The spa is now operational. We had recently replaced the heater for the spa with the expecation of enhancing our guest experience in the pool and spa. We were equally dissapointed to experience mechanical issues with the heater so soon after installation.

Our goal is to exceed our guest expecations and we make this our daily effort. We would like to "make it up" to you that you were dissapointed while our guest. I invite you to contact me to find an agreeable solution for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day!
Lyons, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Over all the hotel was great. The room I happened to be in had a fantastic view of the lake behind the hotel. Really nice. My room did have a noise problem that seemed like it was coming from under my room. Also a loud vibration. It was intermittent so I figured it was the air or heat. It was very distracting when sitting at the desk and I had to turn the tv up when I was watching it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Hi Melinda B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Trip Advisor review. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. All of us are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting Wichita.

I have reviewed your comments with our maintenance department regarding the noticeable vibration in your guest room. This was a result of repairs to our boiler system and the refilling of our system. I apologize for the disturbance of the vibration as we upgrade our boiler system ensuring our guest have more than adequate supplies of hot water.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Wichita and I invite you to stop by and say hello.