“Awesome!”

Description: Been open for about 1 year. Telephone is 316.351.7777
Description: Been open for about 1 year. Telephone is 316.351.7777
“Awesome!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We went to Kababs on a Sunday afternoon, the place wasn't too busy, wich was nice.

We liked the Buffet, I tried all but 3 dishes. all were very good. my favorite was the chicken curry. my second favorite was the rice, and my third one was the chicken it was an explosion of flavor in my mouth.

We have been to South Africa where they have the largest Indian population outside of India, and this place in Wichita brought back some good memories. the food its so good!

the only thing we did not like, was the nun bread, it was burnt, even a fresh batch of nun bread was burnt, and grilled on some butter, we prefer the none burnt, non butter version of it.

the service was very prompt and good!

This is a new favorite for us.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank WichitaViajero

Edison, New Jersey, USA
“Tasteless, ugly”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Not worth a visit. I went there as this was recommended by one of my Hotel staff. Place is spacious, food quantity is huge, taste & spices are missing, veg korma has broccoli and zuccini :-(. Probably, given the options in Wichita, this works. On my next visit to Wichita, I am not planning a lunch/dinner at this place

• Visited September 2011
“Such a disappointment”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This place had been hyped up by the local paper's food reporter (still is, in fact), and since I cannot get Indian food at home, I was excited to check this place out. The meal started out on a wrong note when the server told my dining companion that her request for hotness could be adjusted after her food was served if it were not to her liking. My friend looked at me, a cook, and I shook my head "no" but the server insisted so she went ahead with her order - chickpeas in a tomato sauce. I ordered palak paneer. We started with naan, which arrived promptly. Had I known it would be the only real edible part of the meal, I would have a stopped at that point and asked for the check. The samosa appetizers were next. Not bad, but not particularly good either. We usually fight for the last samosa, but neither of us were interested in it - until the entrees arrived. My dish looked like pureed, watery spinach and tasted about the same with no sign of flavor or the paneer. My friend's meal was also basically flavorless so she sent it back per the server's statement at ordering. Unfortunately, the concept of adding heat did not sit well with the cook, whose outburst could be heard and viewed by other diners. The plate of food was returned to the table moments later with an apology from the server who said it should be spicier. A few bites was all she could stomach before she pushed the late away to join my plate of green goo. I am not one to be too critical of an evening out because things are not always perfect. But in this case, I was offended at what was offered and would advise anyone who truly likes Indian food to avoid this place. It was the worst dining experience I have had in a lot of years.

• Visited November 2010
2 Thank k1d2
“New to Indian food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have only tried Indian food one other time, and that experince was mediocre. Kabab's had a good review in the local paper and had been wanting to give it a go so we finally did last night. It was better then expected. I would go back for the atmosphere alone. It was so nice to be in a nice, clean cozy restaurant. The background Indian music was at just the right level.The staff were friendly and helpful to the newbies. We enjoyed an appetizer, three types of kabab, and dessert. The naan (a flat bread) is wonderful. We will go back again. Maybe next time we will try the buffet. Prices ranged from $9.99 to $15.99. The only negative was the chicken kabab was a little dry, but still edible.

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank parentsof5
Wichita, Kansas
“At last!! Decent curry in Wichita!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place is a breath of fresh air for the Indian dining scene in Wichita. The food is fresh, well prepared and the staff are friendly. The decor is pleasant and the prices are very fair.

The meat samosa seem like they are made in house. They are well stuffed with meat and encased in a light pastry. Mass produced ones tend to be short on filling and inside a stodgy thick pastry.

Chicken tikka masala was reasonably good. The chicken tikka could have been a bit more marinated but he overall flavor was good and had a nice bit of heat. Channa beef was so-so but still tasty. It could have done with a few less chickpeas.

Kababs does not yet have a liquor license but they make an excellent mint lemonade.

The menus seems short, but actually has a reasonable range - 14 currys (4 chicken, 3 beef, 3 fish, 4 veggie), 3 biryani and 7 kebabs. The good news is that by keeping it relatively simple, they seem to do it well.

I would highly recommend Kababs. If you enjoy decent Indian food, go and go often so they do not decide to close up and move.

• Visited July 2011