Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown
Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$83
$128
Autograph
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Wichita Marriott(Wichita)
$120
$93
Comfort Suites Wichita(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$90
$76
ComfortSuites
Hyatt Regency Wichita(Wichita)
$100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Hotel At WaterWalk(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$90
$76
$100
$97
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

The Inn at Tallgrass(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$95
All reviewsfire pitparking garagestayed hereold townoutdoor fireplaceintrust arenawould definitely stay here againfree breakfasthotel is in a great locationfirst floorfast foodbreakfast was excellentwithin walking distancewaffleslight sleeperclose to downtownhotel staff
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very clean, up to date hotel as mentioned in previous reviews. I have to comment on the staff who all went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. From the front desk to the shuttle service drivers, to the bartender, they were all wonderful. The free shuttle was an especially useful service for getting to dining and shopping options in this city as well as to and from the airport. Both drivers were great about giving us useful tips and sharing their knowledge of the city. The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel while attending a conference at the Hyatt, a short, enjoyable walk from this hotel.

Room Tip: I heard from another guest that the trains going by were particularly bothersome but in my room it was not a problem. I stayed on the side facing the highway and did not notice any excessive noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Wichita Downtown at the Waterwalk. As accurately stated in your review, our staff truly do go out of their way to ensure you receive the type of service that will make you want to return. I appreciate your kind comments, and I have already passed along your review to the staff. Needless to say, it is very exciting when our staff gets to see the positive feedback from the efforts. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Take care,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed for one night for business and was impressed by the hotel’s location. It was less than 5 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes to the airport, and 10 minutes from pretty much any other location in Wichita (granted it’s not a large city, but still). They offer garage parking which they share with adjoining establishments, however, it’s not connected to the hotel, nor does the garage have an elevator—which is a problem since hotel guests have to park on levels 2-5 (if there is an elevator, I wasn’t able to locate one). The entire hotel is in good shape with modern décor/furniture and is very clean. The rooms are tiny and the tub/shower is old compared to most places nowadays. Other things that are also too small in the room include the TV, pillows, workstation, and chair. If you plan on eating in your room, there isn’t a table except for the workstation. The bed was amazingly comfortable though. They have a decent-sized pool but are solely missing a hot tub. The complimentary breakfast would have been impressive if it was 2004, but alas it’s 2013, and the food was incredibly bland with an uninspired selection. The staff was cordial, yet unmemorable (no smiles or enthusiasm).

Overall the hotel was pretty average in every way except for location and the bed comfort. If you are looking for anything more than other those two items, I’d recommend somewhere else. If you’re there just for work or passing through town, than this place will totally suffice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Bill W -

Thank you, first of all, for your review. As noted, the location is conveniently located close to everything in Wichita. I appreciate the feedback on the bedding, and I am glad to hear that you were able to have rejuvenating rest while here.

I was disappointed to hear, however, that we did not meet your expectations with furnishings, the bathroom design, and staff service. Our hotel is created to be design forward, modern, yet affordable and approachable. With our brand, as the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, we do have many added amenities beyond a standard hotel within our brand. As I am sure you saw, we do offer full in-room-dining, a beautiful patio courtyard, a full service bar - the Fireside Lounge, and an extended hot breakfast. As you mentioned, this hotel may not fit your needs. If there is something different specifically that we can be doing, please feel free to reach out to me directly to share those thoughts.

Our loyal guests have typically come to expect excellent service, so needless to say - I was shocked that you did not receive the amazing service we are well known for. That is unusual, in the fact that our staff is generally recognized for being extremely enthusiastic to help and serve others.

To the last point regarding our adjacent free parking garage, I wanted to take a moment and apologize - as there is indeed an elevator on each level. I am sorry if this was overlooked. The elevator lobby is located on the west side of the garage, and labeled as such above the door.

Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very clean and fairly new. Good location. Good breakfast, but I agree, a little tiresome after several days. Would love to see biscuits and gravy added. Front desk very courteous, friendly and helpful, especially Scott who took extra time finding restaurants for me. They have a large book of menus that I would like to see out on display. When looking for hotels, I always check reviews on the beds. Everyone loved the beds here - I did not. With arthritis I need a very fluffy bed. These were just too firm for me. The Marriott beds are perfect and these were not. The labels were Beautyrest. Puzzling why some rooms have minifridges and some do not. Be sure to ask. They do have a few you can request.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ARSANDI
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel itself is new & well appointed. The beds were especially comfortable to a traveler who had just been on the road 23 hours. It's also in a decent area as well. However, the only caveat is the parking situation & attitude of some of the front desk personnel. Okay, so the parking. The parking is not connected to the hotel at all and there is not convenient dedicated parking for hotel guests. But, then again, it is a downtown area and the parking was free. To top it off, the price of the hotel was a great deal.
In fact, the breakfast was great and there is an outside seating area open all hours that is amazing. We had breakfast out there and also sat out there at night by the outdoor fireplace they have. Then to our surprise, there was a fabulous fireworks display that was right at the hotel. So really, though the parking was a little inconvenient, all else was perfect. The only reason I gave the rating of 4 out of 5 is the attitude of the front desk person. The gentleman was very rude and I will admit we were a bit disheveled from being in a car 23 hours, that was no reason for the manner in which he addressed us.
Another big plus for the rooms would be to have a refrigerator and microwave.
The hotel is located right in the heart of everything and so everything we wanted to do was right there, literally a one minute drive. There was a park right behind the hotel with concerts, a ball park that had amazing fireworks at night which were easily viewed from our hotel room, you name it and it was there or very easy to find.
Incidentally, if you go there, try the Pig In Pig Out barbeque---right around the corner and it was amazing. I reviewed them as well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window that faces the ballpark!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane29556
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Jane:

First of all, you are absolutely correct about Pig In Pig Out BBQ. If in Wichita, that is a staple to Kansas culture that one MUST experience!

Furthermore, thank you for the review about the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. I was thrilled to hear that our location was convenient for all your activities downtown and throughout the city. The breakfast and outdoor patio space are indeed two of our attractions here. As mentioned, the firepit, patio, and Fireside Lounge are all great ways to relax, experience the Waterwalk area, and take in the scenery. Thank you for sharing that perspective so eloquently.

I was shocked to hear your feedback regarding the front desk associate upon your arrival. This experience is not typical, nor what our loyal guests have come to expect. I would like to hear more about this experience, so that I can fully understand and take appropriate steps to correct. If you would, please reach out to me via a message or phone call, I would greatly appreciate it.

As mentioned, our parking garage is located directly next to the hotel - and best of all it's FREE! This free garage is provided by our hotel, and located within our Waterwalk building. As others have mentioned, the convenient elevator is accessible to any of the spaces between the 2nd and 5th floors. The 5th floor is reserved solely for hotel guests, while the other floors are open to the public, hotel guests, and condo owners.

I'm so glad to hear that overall your "experience" in Wichita was a great one. I'm glad that you got to experience the ballpark, fireworks, and our famous Midwest BBQ.

I look forward to visiting with you soon, and welcoming you back to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown.

Take care,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here 15th days for work. The rooms are great (i stayed in three differents). Great furniture, nice bed/pillows, very clean, friendly staff, great location for walking to/from bussiness district downtown. Only thing to note if you plan on staying for more than a week: request a refrigerator and have your own breakfast (or eat out). I was 15th days and breakfast always the same: turkey sausage, scrambles eggs every single day!! I requested refrigerator and had it right away. Parking is located @ building next to hotel so you have to walk and take elevator to 5th floor to park your vehicle, its ok...no big deal. I recommended this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Mr. Sarz -

Thank you for the review on your recent "experience" at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. I am so glad that overall you enjoyed your extended stay with us. As noted, we do have suites that include a small kitchenette area, complete with a microwave and refrigerator. As you indicated, these suites work great for longer stays.

As you mentioned, the parking garage located immediately next door is complimentary - and very convenient with elevator access. As stated - the 5th floor parking is reserved for hotel guests only, and guaranteed to be available even during special events. The 2nd through 4th floors are public parking, and also available for use as well.

I'm so glad that you had a great and successful business trip, and I'm thrilled that we were able to be a part of it.

Please let me know if you're travel plans include Wichita in the future. Take care.

Regards,