“ok if not picky”

Add it.
Executive Inn of Wichita
Ranked #79 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed August 7, 2013

room was fairly clean . we got a jaccusi tub room this is wichita people so 101 dollars for a older motel is way to much . lady manager was nice and friendly but room left alot to be desired including the sex toys left in drawer and the ice cream left in the fridge . no pool but it seems a lot of motels here dont. motel was quiet but air took along time to cool musty room and had a strong odor of sex. bed was old and needed replaced . this was not the way we wanted to spend last night of honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a flight cancel and just wanted a bed near the airport since I had to get up at 4am for a 6am flight. Stopped by a couple hotels and they all wanted $70-99 for a room that I would only need for less than 8 hours. Then I saw this hotel with a sign saying $39.95/night and free wi-fi and I thought that sounded about right. I got what I paid for: a cold room that took 30-40 mins to warm up, no blanket, just a bedspread (I like a "cool" room, but this would've killed my wife!), an alarm clock that wouldn't set, the tiniest bar of soap on the planet and an ice cold floor in the bathroom/sink area (first floor room). Fortunately, there was a heater in the bathroom that I left on all night so the bathroom was warm in the morning. Lady at the desk was pleasant and I didn't have any noise issues but the fan was on "High" all night so it's hard to say if it's a noisy hotel (not a lot of cars in the lot). This hotel is directly under the approach to runway 19L at Mid-Continent airport but I was there late at night and they didn't have any arrivals or departures in that period. There was a microwave and small refrig but I could've set an item on the floor in the bathroom and chilled it pretty quick. However, "I got what I paid for," in a cheap room, reasonably clean room. This isn't the "Ritz" but it doesn't claim to be, either.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed December 2, 2012

In the process on moving to a new city, I stopped here because I was on a tight budget. It had been a very long day of driving and I was tired. When I stepped into the lobby, I noticed a very strong musty(old) smell. Once I got to my very outdated smoke smelling room I saw a cockroach on the wall! I immediately went to the office to ask for a refund and the desk clerk was in the back room arguing with another employee (very unprofessional). Got my refund and went somewhere else!

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I arrived at this hotel after a long and frustrating day. The room was very nice with a pullout sofa, desk, wi-fi, microwave, fridge and jacuzzi tub. Everything worked well and I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

i arrived in wichita, earlier in the morning went to the motel i usally stay at and there was somthing going on in wichita, and most everything was booked, i called around, and this motel wouldnt even answer the phone till after 9 i talked to the rude old lady many times, she said they had a room and it was open first thing she told me i couldnt check in till they cleaned it, then she lied and told me it hadent been rented the night before she proceeded to tell me, i couldnt check in till 3pm i told her my friend just dropped me off i needed to check in asap she said i could check in at eleven possiably it was 1030 i asked if i could sit and wait she said no it would look bad but i didnt want to drag all my luggage all over plus it was extremely hot so i went outside and waited came back in she said if i check in i have to pay for eary check in time, i said i had no promblem with that till she told me it would be another 47 so 80 total and trying to get me to pay 47 bucks extra for a cpl hrs she was crazy she said oh thats a good deal she was soooo rude came out in her old lady nightgown no proffesinalisiam at all this is the rudest lady i have ever delt with and i would tell anyways to stay away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Dirty, smelly. Mildew in the bathroom, suspicious stains on the rug and ceiling. Non smoking room that had been heavily smoked in. Noisy party going on in the next room. Turned right and gave them back their key, demanded a refund, then drove to the local Super 8 where I spent the night in a nice, clean room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business