“Disappointing”

Crown Uptown Theatre
Ranked #26 of 74 things to do in Wichita
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Haven't got to the performance yet but have been here a few times the show is always good... But the food is horribly disappointing the portions are small, bland, and look like the "chef" just threw them on a plate. Their website had built him up to be this awesome culinary expert who makes delicious food. He didn't deliver at all and someone should tell him for the prices we pay it would be nice if he actually put his culinary experience to use because my 11 year old cooks better food than the crap we were served.

Visited December 2013

Wichita, KS
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Bad Food, Poor Service, Good Show”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We decided to give this a go after several years. We had heard great things and were looking forward to a nice night out.
The night started badly with terrible service and seating arrangements. The menu was supposed to be based on the play, seasonal items and fine dining. Overall it was simply not good, dry and tasteless. The dinner service is from 5:00 to 6:30 with the show starting at 7:30. The environment isn't one that lends itself to a long leisurely dinner unfortunately. We would recommend making other arrangements for dinner so your night starts out on the right note.
The show itself started promptly at 7:30 and was quite good.
We may come again for the show only.

1 Thank Katwich10
Wichita, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A Gem”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When I first moved here a few years back, this was a bit cheesy. Not anymore. New owners came in and have really made a difference. First-rate actors, good food and good service. It makes for an excellent night on the town.

Visited March 2013
Wichita, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CATS”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

WOW!!! The show was FABULOUS! Food and service was so pleasant. Our first visit but not our last! Everyone should go here!

Visited October 2013
Wichita
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great entertainment”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been to the Crown Uptown many times and always thoroughly enjoyed it! However, since it has come under new ownership, I've only been one time to an afternoon performance, We didn't eat during the afternoon performance so I can't make a comparison to their food and what it used to be. I do know that the prices have increased to the point that my husband and I don't feel as if we can afford to go to a dinner and show unless it's a very special show that we really want to see.
I know when a bunch of us girls were planning on going to see a show we chose the afternoon show because a lot of us couldn't afford to do the dinner and show now. I wish they would go back to a more affordable rate so that more could go and see the shows and enjoy the dinners. It was such a treat to be able to go and enjoy a high quality dinner and show before the changes took place. I'm sure that the shows are probably still just as good and the food too, it would just be nice if it was accessible as it use to be. I would have liked for my husband and mother to see White Christmas when she was visiting, but there was just no way, especially around Christmas time., If money isn't a problem, this is a great place to go if it's still like it was under the old ownership.

Visited May 2013