“Sweeny Todd”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Sweeny Todd”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've gone here for years. Used to send my kids and mom there for lunch matinee. If you find something you like here go see it!

Visited October 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good actors and staff, horrible food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The show was outstanding (we saw next to normal) but the food was horrible. I would have preferred a buffet like it sounds like they used to do, because instead they had a horrible meal presented as if it were upscale dining which instead tasted like something I wouldn't have fed my cat. The salad was wilted, very hard to eat with a fork and tasted hours old. The soup tasted like cold tomatoes that had gone bad. The main course me and my husband choose the beef kaboobs, this is a man who can eat anything and he did not want to finish his meal. The beef was hard cold lumps that you could not swallow and the vegetables had no flavor. He had the egg plant meatless lasagna, I choose the mashed potatoes. Me and my husband agreed that the only thing worth eating there was the mashed potatoes that even a 5 year old can cook. I wish there was a lower price for watching the show if you choose not to eat the meal.

The actors were wonderful and we enjoyed the show, but in between the time from the meal and the show starting we had an hour in between so we walked down to Dillons and at chinese take out from their grocery department and although it wasn't gourmet food it was at least eatable.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sierra024
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“theatre=above avg; food=atrocious”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

we saw sweeney todd with a groupon. the performance was good, as was the atmosphere, but the food was a hot mess: the salad consisted of wilted greens with a few pecans sprinkled in that had been left to sit out from the start of dinner service; butternut squash bisque, which tasted like and had the consistency of pumpkin pie filling; and a slimy piece of pecan encrusted tilapia sitting atop overcooked and equally slimy veggies. against my better judgment, i ordered pumpkin bread pudding. it was a solid block of something bready that tasted a bit sweet with what i believe was a canned peach on top of the block of bread. i would rate the food akin to very poor wedding food. the food was so unfortunate, i would never see another performance at the crown uptown theatre.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank hester p
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Music Theater Awesome!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Watch for Groupons for this attraction. The dinner was ok, it was flavorful, but the portions were very small and the salad not worth eating. Our table had 3 different entrees and we could have eaten a second serving of each, very tasty.

We saw "Next to Normal", we had seen musical comedy's at the theater in the past and from the advertisement thought that is what this would be......it is not a comedy! Every part of the show was well done; orchestra, set, and the wonderful voices and acting of the performers. I was amazed to find this level of professionalism in our small town! It is a powerful drama I would suggest for all.

Visited August 2012
Andover, Kansas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good dinner theater.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We've been there several times both before and after the reorg. I like the dinner service a little better than the buffet.
I saw Charlie Brown last and thought it was an excellent show and evening.

Visited April 2012