“Great Thai Food”

Sit @ Thai Bistro
Ranked #553 of 1,082 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This restuarant sits in a small strip mall and would be easy to miss. The inside is classy and comfortable. Although there were quite a few people there it was easy to hear our own conversation. The food is very good, service is great and the portions per the cost are amazing. I am glad someone from work recommended this place to me and I will be going back!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Delicious Thai food and attentive service. Simple decor.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have eaten at Sit @ Thai Bistro several times over the last couple of years. Found in a small strip mall, the Bistro is unassuming from the outside. Upon entering you are immediately greeted by your host and shown to a table. The owners add a touch of class with nice table settings, paper covered cloth tablecloths, and crayons for the doodler or the kids. In the evening the candles are lit and fresh flowers are often on the table. Still, I'm quite comfortable going in jeans. The service is always friendly and efficient. The menu is large and the waitstaff is eager to answer questions and make recommendations. The entrees and appetizers are always freshly made and well presented. I'd like to say I've tried a variety of dishes, but only tasted my dining partners' dishes, as I'm totally hooked on the Thai Spicy Basil and I have it every time. My family has always enjoyed every entry as well. Dinners are well priced in the $9-$12 range and you can choose your preferred level of spiciness! Carry-out is available.

The very excellent deal here is the lunch specials. Every day until 3Pm, for $5!!! you can get one of several Thai dishes served with rice and a salad. You can't eat fast food for that price. These specials are also always fresh and service is efficient. This is a family-owned restaurant and this young couple works hard to make quality Thai food that I haven't found anywhere else in Wichita.

2  Thank Sarvin4
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Its facade makes it blend in with the strip mall in which it resides, but it is upscale inside without making you feel belittled for coming in casual clothes. The food is well presented and well prepared, and delicious!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

The food is disgusting. The staff is nice. The prices are fine. The place itself is clean and modern but the food is nasty. I wouldnt go back even if I was offered a free meal.

Nikki P, Manager at Sit @ Thai Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Dear valued customer,

First of all, i have to thank you for coming in to our restaurant. And have to say sorry for the not so good experience that you had with us. Our food is made fresh to order, we don't use msg, and all of the ingredients are fresh, not from can products.

Our goal is to provide great food, excellent service, and affordable prices. We would love you to give us another chance to improve our customer experiences by giving us an idea about what u had that day, and how it came up to the horrible level as you described. We truly are sorry and would ask you to contact us back just to give us more of an idea of what went wrong. We appreciate your review, Thank you.

Nikki