“I like that it brings in new attractions”
Review of Exploration Place

Exploration Place
Ranked #6 of 76 things to do in Wichita
More attraction details
Owner description: Delve into hundreds of interactive exhibits that stimulate the mind and teach about science, and that's only inside the main building. Outside there's a park where visitors can observe Kansas wildlife in a wetlands habitat and dig for archeological treasures inside a giant sandbox.
League City, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“I like that it brings in new attractions”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If it wasn't for the few new attractions this place brings in it's a one shot wonder in my opinion. We've been to several children's museums and science museums and Exploration place is the only one I haven't wished to return to because it was 'so much fun'.

Visited April 2014

Bonner Springs, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome palce”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This place is very educational but fun at the same time! The kids that I was traveling with range in age from 7- 20 one of them being special needs and they all had a blast exploring here. I don't even think they realized how much they were learning. My only complaint was that they also offer a day camp and the kids were a little rough and pushy.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank cinda a
kansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Nice for kids of all ages”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lots of activities for all ages. The aviation displays are very good.Tornado simulator was much liked.

Visited February 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Fun for Kansas children”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I took my 31/2-year-old granddaughter to Exploration Place. She did not want to go because she had never been there, but when I countered her insistence that she would rather play with toys by saying there were toys at Exploration Place, she agreed. Of course, she had a fine time. She immediately was drawn to the giant mouth which had stools arrayed before it and, above the uvula, a screen asking questions which required that one touch the relevant part of the mouth to answer them. She thought this was great, even though she could not read the questions, but I read them to her and she thrilled whenever my answer was correct. She enjoyed the riding horses outside the castle and the medieval castle exhibit in general-- except for the scary dark passages, did not like my favorite exhibit (miniature Kansas), but actually had the most fun of all in the toddler discovery area which seemed to me to have the furnishings and objects of a standard preschool. Go figure!
Many of the permanent exhibits at Exploration Place become less interesting after multiple visits, and the air flight room is cool but it is hard for little ones to compete with the older children. I would not be too thrilled with recurrent visits, but this was not about me. My granddaughter had a blast and I know she will want to return.

Visited April 2014
Andover, Kansas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun for kids”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Little kids love this place. There are traveling exhibits and lots of interactive and educational displays. My kids especially liked playing in the castle and stepping into the tornado simulation. It does seem a little expensive for what you get. We have been to bigger and better children's museums around the country but that being said, it is worth a visit while in Wichita.

Visited March 2014